Erling Haaland is now following Manchester United on social media
At worst this means Erling Haaland just likes Manchester United. At best this means he wants to move to Old Trafford.
The prolific Norwegian striker has started following the official Manchester United club account on Twitter.
Haaland’s account also shows he has recently started following United talisman Marcus Rashford.
The red hot striker has netted 26 goals this season already for Red Bull Salzburg including six hat-tricks.
Make of it what you will
There are going to be quite a few headlines from national papers over the next 24 hours about this.
No doubt they will read ‘Haaland drops United transfer hint’, or words to that effect.
Frankly we don’t know if it is a hint, or what his intention is, or if he even runs his own Twitter account.
We are just telling it as it is. Haaland is following United on social media, make of it what you will.
Lets hope he does want to move to Old Trafford and link back up with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
In the summer we saw Matthijs de Ligt respond and like posts on his social media referencing United [Express], and there was one where Bruno Fernandes was asked about a move to Old Trafford by a pal on his Instagram feed.
Neither led to moves to Old Trafford, and this activity from Haaland in mid-November might also lead to nothing. But in a slow international week, it will make a few headlines.
The Mirror reported at the weekend that United are very interested in Haaland, and would consider loaning him back to Salzburg until the end of the season in order to secure his signature.
- 'Love his style': Tyrell Malacia hoping to emulate and surpass Manchester United legend who won 6 major trophies
- 'One of our own': Feyenoord post emotional message asking Manchester United to look after their former star
- 'Tremendous': Manchester United's first signing of the Ten Hag era speaks in glowing terms about his new manager
- Cristiano Ronaldo staying one more year would suddenly be a hard sell to Manchester United fans
- Star says Manchester United transfer is dream move, wants to work with Ten Hag for years