Luke Shaw’s Euro 2020 final goal was a special moment.
And while it did not go onto decide the game as England fans would have hoped, the left-back did Manchester United proud.
His teammates were thrilled for him and posted messages of support.
Bruno Fernandes and Donny van de Beek both posted to Instagram to commend Shaw for his momentous goal.
The duo’s praise for Shaw shows the admiration in which the Manchester United defender is held.
His goal felt like a really special moment, and sadly England’s defeat means it will not go down in legend as it could have done if the Three Lions held on.
That should not take away from Shaw’s tournament heroics.
The United defender was arguably the best left-back at Euro 2020, performing outstandingly in attack and defence.
In the final he was one of England’s best players on the pitch for all 120 minutes and will now get a well earned break.
It won’t be too long before Shaw is due back for Manchester United’s pre-season.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could look to easy him back in, Alex Telles is available, but the form he is playing in over the past 12 months, it is going to be impossible to keep Shaw out for long.
- Manchester United stars including Ronaldo respond to Bruno Fernandes
- Teammates react to 17-year-old’s three assists with Ronaldo comments
- Ethan Laird is one of the Championship’s best dribblers
- Greenwood petrified Villa but he lacked composure at crucial moments
- Varane leadership crucial ahead of first United Champions League start
- Villarreal top striker misses Real Madrid game ahead of United clash
- One bittersweet positive from a terrible day for Manchester United
- 55 shots in two games and 0 goals: Three reasons it’s going wrong for Manchester United
- Bruno Fernandes creates 10 chances in one game: Positives despite penalty miss
- Three changes to Manchester United’s back four looking likely for Villarreal clash
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to fans after penalty miss