It is one year since Welsh winger Dan James put pen to paper on his deal with Manchester United.
James has not forgotten, and is looking forward to kicking on for United over the next few weeks as the delayed season gets back up and running.
The 22-year-old sent a message to supporters today saying how proud he is to play for Manchester United.
James has scored four goals for United and provided six assists since he signed.
While he has at times been below par, he has also shown that he can contribute. No player at United has more assists this season.
Next season he may find it a little easier if there is more support for him out on the wing.
United’s squad depth is weak in this position and James has at times been over played.
His pace is a big asset and United may be able to better utilise it at the moment in a super-sub role.
Ready to contribute
Just as the season came to halt, James was beginning to come back into form.
He won a penalty against Watford after latching onto a Bruno Fernandes through ball, and his performance in the home win over Manchester City was impressive as he constantly posed questions of their defence.
He then broke his goal drought with a strike away against LASK in United’s home game, which will have been a big mental barrier to overcome, having previously netted back in September.
James has a big future ahead and needs the fans to get behind him. Let’s see what he can show us over the next few weeks.
- Six Manchester United selection dilemmas for FC Copenhagen quarter-final
- Sancho’s reported desire to sign for United makes deal even more important to conclude
- Solskjaer says Paul Pogba has been doing extra training at United
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Marcus Rashford ahead of quarter-final
- What next for Dean Henderson at Manchester United as Blades eye alternatives?
- Smart loan move could see Manchester United’s Tahith Chong blossom in two positions
- Three United players who would be impacted by Sancho’s potential arrival
- 10 years after failed Manchester United move, Adem Ljajic is linked with another Premier League club
- Dan James could be a Manchester United fringe player next season and that is no bad thing