Wales are on the brink of qualification for the knockout rounds for Euro 2020 after beating Turkey this week.
Even a loss against Italy might still see them go through as they have accrued four points so far and the top three from a group can qualify.
Manchester United star Dan James is looking forward to next week’s clash and says his Wales star fear nobody.
James and Wales respect Italy, but have total belief in their own ability to compete with whoever is in their path.
The United winger was quoted by The Independent: “They’ve got players like Chiellini and Bonucci, legends of the game who are coming towards the end of their career but still at the top level.
“They are the type of players you look up to, but we believe we can get a result. We’re full of confidence and we don’t go into any game playing for a draw.
“We’re underdogs, we’ve got nothing to lose going there. We don’t fear anyone and we truly believe we can go and win it.”
Making an impact
James has created six goalscoring chances in two games so far and also completed eight dribbles – the second highest in the tournament.
The speedy winger is demonstrating he can be a very useful attacking outlet.
Whatever happens from here from a Wales point of view at Euro 2020, James will return to United in the summer full of confidence.
He told Sky Sports ahead of the tournament that this would be the perfect way to wash away some of the pain of United’s agonising Europa League final defeat.
While Wales are unlikely to go on and win Euro 2020 and leave James with a winner’s medal, just getting out there and playing again so quickly has given him, and many of his United teammates something fresh to focus on.
Wales’ match with Italy next week will be another big test for him. While there could be some rotation from the already qualified Azzurri, Roberto Mancini’s side will want to finish the group in first place.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad