Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire played 120 minutes as England made the final of Euro 2020 last night.
England’s defence was breached for the very first time this summer, but they came back to beat Denmark 2-1.
As you’d expect, both men posted on social media last night absolutely buzzing with the result.
There was no shortage of congratulations in the replies, led by Daley Blind, who played with Shaw during his time at Old Trafford.
Maguire posted his own message after a colossal performance which underlined his importance to this England team.
It was all the more impressive because he had to do it on an undeserved yellow card.
Shaw was in the comments there, along with one of Maguire’s predecessors as United captain Rio Ferdinand.
Reported United target Declan Rice was in there too after a historic result.
United stars and national heroes
When United players represented their country in years gone by, they earned a grudging respect from rival fans. There was no love there.
Now Shaw, Maguire and Marcus Rashford are all adored by fans up and down the country. They’re national heroes.
Maguire especially has cult status and his own chant, but the whole squad will be immortalised if England can go all the way and overcome Italy on Sunday.
- Manchester United stars including Ronaldo respond to Bruno Fernandes
- Teammates react to 17-year-old’s three assists with Ronaldo comments
- Ethan Laird is one of the Championship’s best dribblers
- Greenwood petrified Villa but he lacked composure at crucial moments
- Varane leadership crucial ahead of first United Champions League start