Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named Manchester United’s starting line-up to face Brighton and Hove Albion.
Here is a look at how the Red Devils will line up…
Confirmed XI: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Matic, Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford
Substitutes: Romero, Williams, Pereira, Fred, McTominay, Bailly, James, Ighalo, Mata
This is the same XI which beat Sheffield United last week. Jesse Lingard fails to make the bench.
United are looking to continue a 14-match unbeaten run, and get all three points, to keep up the pressure on Chelsea and Leicester.
Brighton could pose a tough test, beating Arsenal and drawing with the Foxes in their two matches since returning.
The Seagulls have also had a week’s rest in preparation for this fixture, while United played a FA Cup tie which went to extra time on Saturday.
United beat Brighton 3-1 at Old Trafford earlier this season, but lost on our previous two visits to the Amex. This is Solskjaer’s first visit to the stadium as manager.
Kick off at the Amex is at 8.15pm UK time.
- Solskjaer says Teden Mengi will be around the first team next season too
- Solskjaer is getting more out of Matic at Manchester United than Mourinho managed
- Josh King will be desperate to impress against Manchester United after January bid
- Extending Paul Pogba’s contract would be as big as any United transfer
- Mason Greenwood’s versatility means he could fill in for three players in dream Manchester United scenario
- It appears Manchester United are giving up on Jesse Lingard
- Three takeaways from United missing out on Jude Bellingham
- Why United’s Gomes response should be to target top quality young attacker
- Manchester United’s run-in is not as easy as it looks