Last week former midfield maestro Roy Keane called out a lack of leaders in the Manchester United side.
At the weekend United’s big characters stepped up. Bruno Fernandes led the way.
Fernandes produced a Ronaldo-esque leap to head in Luke Shaw’s cross to draw United level after going a goal behind.
He went onto score one more and provide an assist to seal an impressive away win at Everton.
Fernandes responded with a simple message on social media on Sunday afternoon…
Fernandes was not the only United player to post on social media after the big win.
Fred praised the ‘team effort’ from United and congratulated Edinson Cavani on his first goal for the club.
Harry Maguire posted, referring to United’s recent poor form – citing this as the perfect way to bounce back.
This was a better way for United to sign off for the international break than the last one.
There are still big questions to be answered, about the lack of consistency United keep serving up.
This result was encouraging though, and shows once again what United can do when fully focused.
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Manchester City
- Manchester United’s plan to rely on Mason Greenwood may need to be re-assessed
- United loanee Jacob Carney wins player of the month award
- Lindelof says it is a joy to have Luke Shaw in the team
- Solskjaer says de Gea will miss the derby but expects him to be back available soon
- Victor Lindelof says he has been struggling with injury
- Report claims United want Bailly to prove his fitness before offering a new deal
- Some United fans unimpressed as club boast about TikTok growth in financial report
- Four ways for Solskjaer to shake up Manchester United XI for City clash
- United will be tempted to take a risk with Paul Pogba this summer
- Manchester United fans react to Arnau Puigmal reports