Bruno Fernandes led Manchester United with a captain’s performance away at Paris Saint-Germain.
Fernandes scored a re-taken penalty to give United the lead and set the team on the way to a 2-1 win, with Marcus Rashford scoring a late winner.
This was Fernandes’ first time wearing the captain’s armband and he was the catalyst for United’s win.
Fernandes tried to put his emotions into words on Instagram, with a message sent out today, describing it as a ‘dream come true’.
Fernandes’ performance was another outstanding one and he led United from the front.
He attempted five tackles, had four shots, created two chances, and touched the ball 75 times – more than any United player.
Harry Maguire will re-take the captaincy at the weekend against Chelsea if he is available, but Fernandes made a strong case he should get it full-time.
The Portuguese star is a winner, and he leads by example. He is also an automatic pick in the United team.
This was a special night, and shows what United are really capable of. Now the team need to follow it up.
- Cristiano Ronaldo pictured back in Manchester United training
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants ‘complete’ midfielders in his United side
- Cavani not ready for West Ham clash but will hopefully return next week
- Recent United target Eduardo Camavinga makes flying start at Madrid
- West Ham’s Croatia trip gives Manchester United a rare advantage
- Patrice Evra reacts to reports Cristiano Ronaldo moved home due to ‘noisy sheep’
- How will James Garner be affected by Nottingham Forest sacking Hughton?
- Raphael Varane’s freakishly unlucky Champions League opening game record
- Manchester United’s ‘What If…?’ moment: Jude Bellingham would have completed Red Devils team