Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans
Bruno Fernandes led Manchester United with a captain’s performance away at Paris Saint-Germain.
Fernandes scored a re-taken penalty to give United the lead and set the team on the way to a 2-1 win, with Marcus Rashford scoring a late winner.
This was Fernandes’ first time wearing the captain’s armband and he was the catalyst for United’s win.
Fernandes tried to put his emotions into words on Instagram, with a message sent out today, describing it as a ‘dream come true’.
Fernandes’ performance was another outstanding one and he led United from the front.
He attempted five tackles, had four shots, created two chances, and touched the ball 75 times – more than any United player.
Harry Maguire will re-take the captaincy at the weekend against Chelsea if he is available, but Fernandes made a strong case he should get it full-time.
The Portuguese star is a winner, and he leads by example. He is also an automatic pick in the United team.
This was a special night, and shows what United are really capable of. Now the team need to follow it up.
- Report: Erik ten Hag has delivered key message to Manchester United senior players
- 'Total package': Incoming Manchester United signing is a force to be reckoned with
- 'He will get him'… De Jong could be presented by United at weekend, claims reliable journalist
- De Jong and Antony 'like' Manchester United star's Instagram post on training under Ten Hag
- Barcelona 'have already prepared a farewell video' for Frenkie de Jong ahead of Manchester United move
- 22-year-old Manchester United attacker could sign with Malacia's club, 'talks imminent'
- '100 per cent'… Champions League winner has tipped imminent Manchester United signing to cause 'headaches' for opponents
- 4 players impacted by Malacia to Manchester United, two could be sold
- 6 Belgium players who have represented Manchester United as 52-cap star interests Ten Hag