It has seemed like a day of slow progress for United over Bruno Fernandes.
But that does not mean United do not have hope. Fernandes is doing nothing to quell the rumours.
He has been training with Sporting as he prepares, at present, to be involved for his team against Benfica at the weekend.
Fernandes posted a message on Instagram this evening, with an ‘eyes’ emoji often used to signify the poster knows something others do not.
We have described this as a cryptic message, because only Fernandes knows the true meaning of his post.
He dropped another obscure message in reply to Porto youngster Diogo Abreu who asked ‘are those tears?’
Fernandes’ response was ‘of joy’ – and we can only speculate as to why he may be feeling happy.
BBC Sport reported this week that United have held talks with Sporting over Fernandes.
But there has still been no agreement between the two clubs over a fee.
Until then we can only hope, and Fernandes’ postings fuel the speculation that something may be happening behind the scenes.
- Manchester United have made a smart decision over Smalling and Sanchez
- David de Gea’s big save deserves more attention
- Take the ‘only £50m for Sancho’ report as a negotiating tactic
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka claims another assist, now more than several big names
- Solskjaer now knows his best Manchester United team, and he’s able to use it