It has seemed like a day of slow progress for United over Bruno Fernandes.
But that does not mean United do not have hope. Fernandes is doing nothing to quell the rumours.
He has been training with Sporting as he prepares, at present, to be involved for his team against Benfica at the weekend.
Fernandes posted a message on Instagram this evening, with an ‘eyes’ emoji often used to signify the poster knows something others do not.
We have described this as a cryptic message, because only Fernandes knows the true meaning of his post.
He dropped another obscure message in reply to Porto youngster Diogo Abreu who asked ‘are those tears?’
Fernandes’ response was ‘of joy’ – and we can only speculate as to why he may be feeling happy.
BBC Sport reported this week that United have held talks with Sporting over Fernandes.
But there has still been no agreement between the two clubs over a fee.
Until then we can only hope, and Fernandes’ postings fuel the speculation that something may be happening behind the scenes.
- Five ways Solskjaer’s misjudgement has cost Manchester United
- How Ed Woodward’s call to Avram Glazer may go – Spoof
- Harry Maguire needs to be a winning Manchester United captain
- Addressing those Carlos Tevez to Manchester United rumours
- Manchester United fans react to Islam Slimani reports