Manchester United midfield pair Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba both hard to work hard in a 2-0 win over Crystal Palace.
Neither player were at their best and really had to dig in as they played in their eighth match in a month.
The result ultimately was what United came for. A 2-0 win wrapped up the much needed three points, to keep the pressure on in the Champions League race.
United’s players then were in good spirits after the game as they took to social media.
One image posted by Paul Pogba appeared to amuse teammate Fernandes, who referenced his high kick, and asked if he was kung fu legend Jackie Chan, even tagging the famous actor on Instagram.
For this to occur after a match at a stadium where another Frenchman, Eric Cantona, one produced a famous kung fu kick of his own, was merely the strangest of coincidences.
A number of other United players posted to social media after the win, including defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah, who was making his first United appearance since 2017.
For it to take place at a stadium where he played 22 games on loan was another coincidental occurrence.
Fosu-Mensah performed well. He did not let United down, helping the team to keep an all important clean sheet.
Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial scored the goals, each helping themselves to their 22nd goals of the season.
They are helping each other out, and are putting the team first ahead of any personal competition. Having two players score at this prolific rate is welcome, and long may it continue.
- Why it is only a matter of time before Cristiano Ronaldo is offered to United
- Stevanovic indicates Manchester United move is happening
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Sevilla
- Who is reported Manchester United target Filip Stevanovic
- Have United made an expensive miscalculation over Sancho?
- Europa League glory would be pivotal for United
- Mason Greenwood sends message to James Garner
- Luca Ercolani makes comeback for under-23s one year after ACL tear
- Rumoured Pereira and Garner exits make it important United sign new midfielder