Bruno Fernandes is paying attention to Manchester United. Are the club putting enough effort into securing his services?
The Portugal international took notice of the Red Devils’ 6-0 win over Tranmere.
He liked a post on Instagram from his fellow Portuguese, Diogo Dalot, who celebrated scoring his first ever United goal.
Desire to move widely reported
Bruno Fernandes’ desire to sign for Manchester United has been widely reported throughout the transfer saga.
The Sporting star was reported by The Times last week to be annoyed by the time it has taken to sort out his move, as he wants to sign with United ‘as soon as possible’.
Whether the deal gets done at this stage is uncertain. United have left it dangerously late.
The Mail reported earlier today that Fernandes is set to be involved for Sporting against Maritimo in tonight’s match, barring a late breakthrough in talks.
The Sunday Times reported United’s latest offer is £46.4 million, with Sporting holding out for a minimum of £50.6 million up front plus bonuses.
It does not appear as though United have any credible alternatives lined up at this late stage of the window, so the club need to let common sense prevail and just pay the money to get the deal done.
Given that Fernandes is reportedly so keen on United, and the lack of quality options in United’s attack, the Red Devils board really has to make it happen, and won’t be forgiven if they don’t.
- Scottish league champions set to sign Manchester United wonderkid on loan
- Two make debuts as Manchester United under-18s reach Premier League Cup quarter-finals
- 'Had conversations': £13m man admits to Manchester United talks
- 'Great player': Manchester United star urged to produce best form in World Cup qualifiers
- Bruno Fernandes training hard in Portugal during Manchester United time off