Manchester United played out a hard fought draw with Leeds on Sunday afternoon.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side were the more threatening of the two teams and had 16 shots in total, but could not find a way through.
Leeds’ tenacious approach meant the Red Devils did not have much time in the final third, and at times players snatched at shots and made wrong decisions at key moments.
United did at least leave Elland Road with a point, and continue to look well placed to secure second in the league and a Champions League spot.
The players were disappointed, and made that clear on social media.
Bruno Fernandes, Harry Maguire, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka were among those to send messages after the draw.
A clear message
There is a clear message from all three. United are not satisfied with just a draw, although won’t be dwelling on it.
Bigger matches lie ahead this week, with United facing Roma in the Europa League semi-final first leg at Old Trafford.
A Premier League game at home to Liverpool follows, before the second leg against Roma.
United’s players have failed in four semi-finals under Solskjaer, three last season and one this campaign.
They know what is at stake, and what disappointment feels like. A draw away at Leeds is small-fry in comparison.
- Manchester United linked to five-times league winner with 50 international caps
- Casemiro sends message to Manchester United fans
- Italian press reaction to Rasmus Hojlund performance shows why Manchester United are interested
- Manchester United star showed at Wembley why £55m star is priority for Erik ten Hag
- Romano says Manchester United loanee has undergone medical ahead of summer switch elsewhere
- Manchester United’s £20m target warned Old Trafford move will come ‘too early’
- Manchester United to miss out as striker agrees bargain £25m transfer
- Manchester United ‘intensify’ talks with £35m ace after agent confirms interest
- £65m ace responds when asked if he’s joining Manchester United
- Casemiro hails Manchester United youngster as ‘great for the next 10 years’