Brandon Williams sends message to United supporters
Brandon Williams says Manchester United’s players are focused heading into the weekend’s final Premier League match of the season.
United need a draw or a win away at Leicester to secure Champions League qualification.
A draw at home to West Ham was disappointing, but after Chelsea lost to Liverpool, the result proved to be one point gained rather than two dropped.
United now enter the final game of the season on Sunday sitting in third position in the Premier League.
Williams was starting his second successive game at left-back and was tested throughout the match at Old Trafford by a lively Jarrod Bowen.
After a disappointing performance against Chelsea, he did improve against the Hammers, although fans are beginning to miss injured star Luke Shaw, whose status for Sunday’s game is currently uncertain.
Williams created one chance and won two tackles, although struggled to link up particularly effectively on the left with Marcus Rashford.
United’s players looked a little off their game against the Hammers, and this follows on from shaky displays against Southampton, Crystal Palace, and now Chelsea.
Leicester’s run of form is very inconsistent right now and they have lost two of their last three matches, although the extra rest time they have had for Sunday will help them.
United are used to playing against fresher teams right now and it is not always easy, as we are finding out.
We just need to keep our unbeaten league run going for another game, and then the players will get a nine-day break until the Europa League resumes.
- Only 3 players who started Manchester United's last win at Etihad likely to start under Ten Hag
- Manchester United now have an easy decision to make over £19m star
- Manchester United star doubles down on reason for his superb turnaround in form
- Real Madrid star says Manchester United summer signing “has a lot of quality”
- Rio Ferdinand claims in-form Manchester United man better suited to international football than Premier League
- £46m Manchester United star says he is feeling confident ahead of the World Cup
- 21 direct goal involvements in last 14 games : 23-year-old Manchester United target shines on international stage
- International boss explains why he trialled Manchester United ace in new position and gives verdict on display
- Ralf Rangnick relegated as Austria slump to third defeat in a row
- 'No chance': Manchester United star gutted after 4-1 loss and desperate to avoid relegation