Boca Juniors want Marcos Rojo to terminate his Manchester United contract
Marcos Rojo is attracting interest in Argentina from Boca Juniors.
TyC Sports report Boca are keen to sign Rojo and a move could be a permanent one as opposed to a loan.
Boca cannot add any more loan players to their Copa Libertadores squad as per rules of the competition.
They are desperate to win the continental competition for the first time since 2007 and would want Rojo to play in it.
So as TyC Sports report, Boca are proposing Rojo terminate his contract with United so he can sign as a free agent.
This would be an arrangement which would suit United. He has not played a Red Devils game in 2020.
He was sent out on loan to Estudiantes last January but injury and then lockdown meant he only played once.
Rojo played one under-23 game for United earlier this season but was not registered in the Premier League squad.
He would have to take a wage cut to join Boca but this is coming anyway when his contract expires in June. United will not take up the option to extend it by a further year.
In place to move
Rojo is already in Argentina, having flown there for the festive period and new year, newspaper Ole reports.
The newspaper reports Rojo is close with Boca vice-president Juan Roman Riquelme and this could help facilitate a move.
A deal is not yet advanced although there is a desire on Boca’s part to make it happen.
It is not clear how Rojo feels over the possibility of terminating his United deal, with the alternative being he signs on loan and just plays league competition and not the Libertadores.
The Mail is also reporting the news and references interest from Sheffield United. However a return to Argentina appears to be Rojo’s most likely option.
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace
- Dani Alves has given backing to Manchester United target with £340m release clause
- Manchester United still scouting wonderkid three years after Old Trafford trial, 2023 earliest deal possible
- 'It will not be long'… Patrick Kluivert raves about Manchester United linked Antony
- Lingard and Elanga lead reaction as young Manchester United striker announces departure
- Triple sale would be a ruthless way for Erik ten Hag to start Manchester United's summer