Anthony Martial sends message to Manchester United fans
Anthony Martial made his return for Manchester United in the draw with Liverpool.
The United forward came off the bench in the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.
Martial sent a message after the game expressing his disappointment at the fact he was not celebrating a win.
Martial had come on with the game at 1-0, and minutes later Liverpool grabbed a fortuitous equaliser.
He was only able to touch the ball three times during his short spell on the pitch as United shut up shop to hold on for a draw.
Brighter times ahead
United were sensible to be cautious over Martial considering his long wait to return from injury.
He had not featured since picking up a thigh injury at the end of August.
It is likely Martial will be involved against Partizan Belgrade on Thursday in some way.
United will want to give him playing time, but it isn’t sensible to start him in both that game and Sunday’s fixture away at Norwich.
United are a better team when Martial is at his best and having him back healthy is a good start.
He will pick up form and potentially playa big role in United’s expected rise up the table in coming weeks.
Importantly he sounds happy to be back, and we are glad to have him available finally.
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'