Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given an injury update over Anthony Martial and it does not sound good.
Martial is already out of Manchester United’s game with Tottenham Hotspur. And he could miss more matches.
Solskjaer told MUTV that Martial has hurt his ankle and could be out for ‘a little while, PA reports.
Blow for United
This is a tough one for United because of how badly the team was affected by his absence earlier in the season.
Marcus Rashford has become a better player moving out wide, having toiled in the striker position.
Mason Greenwood has been selected in Martial’s place tonight and hopefully he will link up well with Rashford.
The timing of the injury blow almost couldn’t be worse, with United heading into a very busy fixture schedule.
City are up next, and then there are Carabao Cup, Europa League games and a hectic Premier League schedule.
Having just Greenwood and Rashford available up front leaves little margin for error.
Hopefully Martial will be out for just a fortnight and not the whole month or longer.
- United fans call for Cavani deal as PSG boss says exit likely this month
- What’s the latest with United’s Fernandes pursuit?
- Ed Woodward and Glazers sucking life out of Manchester United
- Manchester United fans rave about Fred’s performance v Liverpool
- Manchester United fans react to Luke Shaw’s performance v Liverpool