Anthony Martial will be eager to start for Manchester United this evening against Istanbul Basaksehir.
After three games out suspended domestically, Martial can now push on with his season uninterrupted.
An opponent in the Istanbul starting line up will bring back a happy memory for Martial.
Veteran centre-back Martin Skrtel is a key part of the Istanbul defence. He was the defender Martial famously turned inside out on his debut for United back in 2015.
Martial’s debut goal is still and will always be one of his most cherished memories as a United player.
The Frenchman came off the bench late on against Liverpool at Old Trafford and sent the crowd wild with a fantastic debut strike.
Martial received the ball out wide and dribbled into the box, shimmying and sending Skrtel for a dummy before stroking the ball into the bottom corner.
Martial is looking to pick up form after scoring his first goal of the season last week.
He netted 23 goals last season, his best tally since his debut campaign.
Skrtel meanwhile is 35-years-old and is in his first season with Istanbul Basaksehir after spending three years with Fenerbahce.
Martial’s debut turned out to be the beginning of the end for him at Liverpool and he was sold at the end of the season for just £5 million.
He will be keen to prove himself up against Martial, but he will also be nervous too.
The Frenchman made him look silly once and has the ability to do it all over again.
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose to Sheffield United
- Manchester United pick attack heavy team to face Sheffield United
- Former United star Shinji Kagawa finds new club in Greece
- Solskjaer is ready to build his plans around Amad Diallo
- Who is reported Manchester United target Christoph Baumgartner?
- Odion Ighalo did exactly what he set out to do
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Sheffield United
- Looking back at Anthony Martial’s hat-trick against Sheffield United
- Marcos Rojo has three offers from clubs as he reportedly negotiates United pay-off