Ander Herrera had a winning return to Old Trafford with Paris Saint-Germain.
The Spaniard was a second half substitute for PSG as they beat United 3-1.
It was a match which United could have won. It was evenly contested until PSG scored their second goal.
Moments later Fred was sent off for a tackle in which he got the ball. Ander Herrera was the player on the ‘receiving end’.
It was not the only time Herrera went down and made the most of a so-called foul. Herrera was known for his gamesmanship at United, but not so much as a diver or play-actor.
Herrera sent a message to supporters after the game, sharing how delighted he was to make his return to Manchester.
It was probably best for Herrera not to check his replies to this particular tweet.
If he thought it was going to be full of messages saying how great it was to see him again, he was misguided.
Herrera was vastly appreciated by United fans during his time at Old Trafford, but supporters have little time left for a player who ultimately ended up chasing the money.
Not after a home defeat anyway, in which Herrera’s play acting was particularly irritating.
Of course, that should be the least of United’s concerns. Bad finishing and bad decision making from the manager contributed to this 3-1 defeat.
The team need to get their heads right and refocus, after Saturday’s tricky Premier League game away at an in-form West Ham.
- Rangnick praises two Manchester United players including one who is a 'fantastic person'
- 'I lost the ball'… Manchester United star accepts responsibility for role in Young Boys goal
- 'You deserve'… Bruno Fernandes congratulates teammate on making Manchester United debut
- Hargreaves praises 'really sharp' Manchester United youngster who could start for Rangnick this weekend
- 4 Manchester United players who will regret disappointing performances v Young Boys
- 'Love him', 'Class'… Some Manchester United fans react to teenager's performance v Young Boys
- Manchester United youngster matches Carlos Tevez achievement and best is yet to come
- Zidane Iqbal and Charlie Savage send messages after making Manchester United debut
- 'I'm truly sorry'… Amad sends apology to Manchester United supporters