Ander Herrera sends message to Manchester United fans
Ander Herrera had a winning return to Old Trafford with Paris Saint-Germain.
The Spaniard was a second half substitute for PSG as they beat United 3-1.
It was a match which United could have won. It was evenly contested until PSG scored their second goal.
Moments later Fred was sent off for a tackle in which he got the ball. Ander Herrera was the player on the ‘receiving end’.
It was not the only time Herrera went down and made the most of a so-called foul. Herrera was known for his gamesmanship at United, but not so much as a diver or play-actor.
Herrera sent a message to supporters after the game, sharing how delighted he was to make his return to Manchester.
It was probably best for Herrera not to check his replies to this particular tweet.
If he thought it was going to be full of messages saying how great it was to see him again, he was misguided.
Herrera was vastly appreciated by United fans during his time at Old Trafford, but supporters have little time left for a player who ultimately ended up chasing the money.
Not after a home defeat anyway, in which Herrera’s play acting was particularly irritating.
Of course, that should be the least of United’s concerns. Bad finishing and bad decision making from the manager contributed to this 3-1 defeat.
The team need to get their heads right and refocus, after Saturday’s tricky Premier League game away at an in-form West Ham.
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee wins fans player of the year
- New United boss Ten Hag picks out the one Ajax player he is 'extremely grateful' for
- 15-year-old whizkid Manchester United signed from Arsenal makes first under-18s start
- 'I am not going': Erik ten Hag makes vow Manchester United fans will love, set to avoid Van Gaal error
- 'Disaster'… Manchester United loanee criticised after yet another injury
- Portugal international waiting on offer from Manchester United as Barcelona make move
- Manchester United eye cut-price move for £32m Champions League winner to partner De Jong
- 17-goal wonderkid, La Masia graduate: 3 FA Youth Cup winners Man Utd should loan out this summer
- Erik ten Hag's first five signings as Ajax manager including two former Premier League stars