Amad is getting ready for his first Manchester United pre-season.
He won’t know quite what to expect, having joined mid-January. What he will have been advised, is that there will be a lot of hard work ahead.
Amad will be put through his paces, with United’s coaches determined to increase the squad’s conditionining, fitness and endurance levels.
So it is little wonder Amad is hitting the gym to make sure he is ready for the tests ahead.
Pre-season is an opportunity
There may be a lot of hard work for Amad ahead during pre-season, but he should relish the opportunity ahead.
This will be his longest uninterrupted stint working with United’s coaches, and there will be four pre-season friendlies to try and make his mark.
There will be a smaller squad initially because several of United’s players have been or are still at the Euros or Copa America.
Amad can benefit from a tighter knit group which will provide him more coaching attention and more opportunity.
It really is a great chance for him to show what he is capable of and earn more first team opportunities for the start of the season.
Amad’s fantastic career start
- Amad scored on his Atalanta debut
Amad made an instant impression scoring in a 7-1 win for Atalanta on his Serie A debut in 2019.
- Too good for United under-23s
In three games for Manchester United under-23s, Amad scored three goals and provided four assists.
- Europa League star
Amad scored in his third ever Europa League game, netting an opening goal against AC Milan.
- Premier League impact
Amad provided an assist on his first ever Premier League start, setting Mason Greenwood up for a goal against Leicester.
- International hero
On just his second international appearance, Amad scored a matchwinning free-kick for Ivory Coast against Burkina Faso.
- Cavani not ready for West Ham clash but will hopefully return next week
- Recent United target Eduardo Camavinga makes flying start at Madrid
- West Ham’s Croatia trip gives Manchester United a rare advantage
- Patrice Evra reacts to reports Cristiano Ronaldo moved home due to ‘noisy sheep’
- How will James Garner be affected by Nottingham Forest sacking Hughton?
- Raphael Varane’s freakishly unlucky Champions League opening game record
- Manchester United’s ‘What If…?’ moment: Jude Bellingham would have completed Red Devils team
- German press react to Jadon Sancho’s slow start at Manchester United
- Unai Emery gives verdict on Manchester United’s defeat to Young Boys
- Young Boys star says Solskjaer tactics made their task tougher
- Chong, Garner, Laird: Mixed night for Manchester United loan trio
- How has Angel Gomes fared since making his debut for French champions Lille?
- Paul Pogba leads responses as Manchester United stars rally round Jesse Lingard
- Jesse Lingard sends emotional message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United youngsters and rivals congratulate Shola Shoretire on winning goal