Amad Diallo was a late substitute as Manchester United crashed out of the FA Cup.
The teenager barely had any time to make an impact. Amad was sent on with United 3-1 down, and played the final six minutes.
This was his first loss in a United shirt. He was reflective after the defeat, sending a message to say that this is part of football, and he will work to help the team recover.
Amad managed 10 touches in his brief showing on the pitch and did not really get too much opportunity to influence the game.
United were beaten and out of sync by time he came on and the only positive was simply getting him some game time.
All of Amad’s previous appearances have been in European competition, this was his first taste of action against an English side. In terms of experience, it was good for him to be involved, regardless of the result.
The young winger should have a role to play over the coming weeks after the international break.
It’s good to see him fronting up on social media after the match – but really he shouldn’t need to. The defeat wasn’t down to him at all. It’s very possible United could have had a different result had Solskjaer been bold enough to go with Amad from the start.
- Rangnick praises two Manchester United players including one who is a 'fantastic person'
- 'I lost the ball'… Manchester United star accepts responsibility for role in Young Boys goal
- 'You deserve'… Bruno Fernandes congratulates teammate on making Manchester United debut
- Hargreaves praises 'really sharp' Manchester United youngster who could start for Rangnick this weekend
- 4 Manchester United players who will regret disappointing performances v Young Boys
- 'Love him', 'Class'… Some Manchester United fans react to teenager's performance v Young Boys
- Manchester United youngster matches Carlos Tevez achievement and best is yet to come
- Zidane Iqbal and Charlie Savage send messages after making Manchester United debut
- 'I'm truly sorry'… Amad sends apology to Manchester United supporters