Amad Diallo sends message to fans after finalising United move
Amad Diallo is officially a Manchester United player after the club announced his deal is now complete.
Diallo had to wait three months for a work permit after a deal was struck with Atalanta at the start of October.
United have signed Diallo to a long term contract to 2025, with an option to extend to 2026.
Diallo is awaiting clearance of his visa from the Home Office so he can travel to Manchester and then train with the first team squad.
The winger sent a message on social media to fans expressing his excitement at clinching his transfer.
Diallo added more depth to his comments in an interview via the club’s official website.
He said: “This is a really exciting squad with so many great players, I can promise that I will work hard every day to learn from them and give everything to develop my game. The coaches have been fantastic since I signed, we have been in touch regularly and they have already given me a lot of great advice.
“I have had time to prepare for this move, both physically and mentally, and I have worked really hard to be ready to make the step up to this amazing club.”
The club will make an announcement on Diallo’s squad number in the coming days.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “It will take time for him to adapt but his speed, vision and fantastic dribbling ability will stand him in good stead to make the transition. He is a player with all of the raw attributes that are needed to be an important player for Manchester United in the years to come.
Amad Diallo: Player profile
- Breakthrough star
Diallo made his first team debut for Atalanta in 2019/20. He has one goal in his three Serie A appearances.
- Five years in Italy
Diallo was born in the Ivory Coast, moving to Atalanta in 2015 after impressing on a trial.
- Right wing dynamo
Diallo’s record at youth level is impressive. Last season he scored seven goals and provided 11 assists for Atalanta’s academy, which included a strike against Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League.
- Champions League debut
Diallo made his Champions League debut for Atalanta in 2020, impressing in a substitute appearance against Midtjylland.
- 19 passes completed in 79 minutes: Manchester United star is simply not good enough
- 5 reasons Manchester United lost 2-1 to Brighton on opening day of the season
- Erik ten Hag picks out Manchester United star for praise after 2-1 defeat
- Roy Keane blasts Manchester United pre-season 'PR'
- 99 Touches, 15 Recoveries: £46m Manchester United star a bright spot in 2-1 defeat
- 'Perfect club'… Director responds amid 'ongoing' Manchester United attempts for £55m star, it's not good news
- Manchester United talent set to leave on loan after 72 academy appearances
- Ex-Manchester United star comments on De Jong, Arnautovic and 'unacceptable' window as reality hits home
- Erik ten Hag confirms he wants more transfers at Manchester United after opening day defeat
- Manchester United make £6.8m striker bid, star asks to be sold, he wants move badly