Manchester United agree to sign Alvaro from Real Madrid
Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Real Madrid youngster Alvaro Fernandez Carreras.
Spanish newspaper AS report Alvaro will sign a four-year contract with United.
Alvaro has reportedly decided on a move to United after deciding not to renew his Real deal which expired on June 30, despite receiving an offer from the Spanish giants.
Real reportedly beat competition from Barcelona to sign Alvaro three years ago.
Real’s website describes Alvaro: “He is a quality defender and good at taking the ball from behind. He stands out technically and for his intelligence on the field. He is difficult to beat one on one.”
Alvaro describes his idol as Real Madrid hero Marcelo.
A report from AS in May had claimed City were also interested in Alvaro along with United.
Alvaro is not the only Spanish youngster set to sign for United this summer.
Sport report United have agreed to sign right-back Marc Jurado, 16, from Barcelona.
A year ago United signed striker Mateo Mejia from Real Zaragoza.
United also have a deal in place for Norwegian youngster Isak Hansen-Aaroen to join the club when he turns 16 on August 20.
The Manchester Evening News reported this one last summer, and Hansen-Aaroen made his professional debut for Tromso earlier this month.
United also have a deal in place to sign Czech goalkeeper Radek Vitek, Sigmy Olomouc confirmed on their official website in April.
Not all of these players may end up making it at United, but the club are going to take as many shots as possible.
The encouraging progress of Hannibal Mejbri, signed last year from Monaco at 16 and already an under-23s regular, will provide inspiration for the new batch of additions.
The recent progress of Mason Greenwood and Brandon Williams into the first team also acts as inspiration.
United also have James Garner, Tahith Chong, Ethan Laird and Teden Mengi training with the first team squad.
- 'They need to play': Rangnick says two Manchester United players could leave on loan after ten Hag arrives
- Report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United teammate ruled out injured v Crystal Palace
- Report: Paul Pogba has decided his next club, final details being sorted on three-year contract
- 9 players who represented both Manchester United and Barcelona amid Dest links; including French World Cup winner
- Manchester United man whose contract expires this summer says he could stay to play under ten Hag
- De Gea and McTominay lead reaction as Manchester United goalkeeper celebrates reaching Wembley
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled