Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Real Madrid youngster Alvaro Fernandez Carreras.
Spanish newspaper AS report Alvaro will sign a four-year contract with United.
Alvaro has reportedly decided on a move to United after deciding not to renew his Real deal which expired on June 30, despite receiving an offer from the Spanish giants.
Real reportedly beat competition from Barcelona to sign Alvaro three years ago.
Real’s website describes Alvaro: “He is a quality defender and good at taking the ball from behind. He stands out technically and for his intelligence on the field. He is difficult to beat one on one.”
Alvaro describes his idol as Real Madrid hero Marcelo.
A report from AS in May had claimed City were also interested in Alvaro along with United.
Alvaro is not the only Spanish youngster set to sign for United this summer.
Sport report United have agreed to sign right-back Marc Jurado, 16, from Barcelona.
A year ago United signed striker Mateo Mejia from Real Zaragoza.
United also have a deal in place for Norwegian youngster Isak Hansen-Aaroen to join the club when he turns 16 on August 20.
The Manchester Evening News reported this one last summer, and Hansen-Aaroen made his professional debut for Tromso earlier this month.
United also have a deal in place to sign Czech goalkeeper Radek Vitek, Sigmy Olomouc confirmed on their official website in April.
Not all of these players may end up making it at United, but the club are going to take as many shots as possible.
The encouraging progress of Hannibal Mejbri, signed last year from Monaco at 16 and already an under-23s regular, will provide inspiration for the new batch of additions.
The recent progress of Mason Greenwood and Brandon Williams into the first team also acts as inspiration.
United also have James Garner, Tahith Chong, Ethan Laird and Teden Mengi training with the first team squad.
- Solskjaer responds to transfers and Sancho speculation
- Teden Mengi is a genuine reason for United fans to be excited
- Is Anthony Martial the one player Manchester United cannot do without?
- Should United consider Wilfried Zaha as an emergency option?
- Penarol holding out for offer from Manchester United for Facundo Pellistri
- Four questions for Solskjaer ahead of opening game of the season
- Manchester United linked with Ismaila Sarr move
- Hodgson comments on Greenwood, beating United last season and Palace’s new formation
- Amad Traore is the type of talent Manchester United should be signing