Manchester United were really impressive as we swept Sheffield United aside at Old Trafford last night.
A new look midfield of Paul Pogba, Bruno Fernandes and Nemanja Matic clicked, as we dominated possession and created chance after chance.
In total we had 68 per cent of the ball, and attempted 15 shots at goal. We really should have scored more than three goals.
United were a joy to watch, and for the players, it looked like it was fun to be out there.
It makes you wonder just how good this United team could be if we are successful in signing reported top target Jadon Sancho this summer [Telegraph].
Sancho has bagged 20 goals this season for Borussia Dortmund and provided 18 assists. That would make him United’s top goalscorer and assist leader.
The topic of how he could improve this team further on last night’s display was a big talking point, and has fans seriously excited…
Where does he fit?
Sancho should be a perfect fit in United’s right wing position, where we have lacked quality options for a long time.
So it was interesting to see Mason Greenwood look so adept there, as he seamlessly linked up with Aaron Wan-Bissaka on the right, and his attacking teammates.
Greenwood can be a temporary answer there at least, and a rotational option with Sancho.
Long term Greenwood’s best position is likely to be centrally, although for now Anthony Martial has this role locked down.
Sancho is very capable of playing on the left too, which would help United rest Marcus Rashford more often.
Obviously it is ideal to get them both on the pitch together, but United will have so many quality forwards, it is good to have options.
A deal is far from done yet. Even so, this is a move to be really excited about if the club can pull it off.
Last night’s performance should have helped convince Sancho too if he was watching. He could have a lot of fun in this side.
- Varane transfer blow could have second complication for Manchester United
- James Garner is working hard in gym to be ready for Manchester United next season
- Joel Glazer explains why no plans to bring ‘Football Club’ back to Manchester United badge
- Ferdinand comments on United’s summer business as he responds to fans on social media
- Manchester United could be making a mistake with reported Juan Mata plans
- McTominay talks about coming through the ranks at United
- Marcel Sabitzer shows why he could be an astute signing for Manchester United
- Manchester United fans loved seeing Ruud van Nistelrooy on Netherlands’ coaching staff
- Fred helps Brazil to opening Copa America victory