Predicted Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace
Manchester United’s unrelenting schedule takes the team take on Crystal Palace tonight.
United won’t be underestimating Roy Hodgson’s side after the Eagles secured a 3-1 win at Old Trafford back in September.
This will be United’s third game in seven days, and a Manchester derby is ahead of us at The Etihad on Sunday.
United are now 20 away league games unbeaten and it would be good to get to 22, especially if we can secure two wins in these upcoming matches.
To do so, there will need to be an element of rotation in preparation of Sunday’s game. This is a chance for United to use the squad we have at our disposal.
Edinson Cavani is back with the squad after returning to training. Solskjaer’s pre-match comments suggested he is more likely to start on the bench.
Solskjaer told the club website: “It looks good. Edi has got the desire and hunger and, of course, he wants to join in, even if it’s from the bench. Hopefully he’ll say tomorrow that there’s been no reaction.”
Changes to the line-up
Alex Telles could replace Luke Shaw at left-back as Solskjaer continues to rotate his left-backs.
Telles now has two successive clean sheets from his Europa League appearances, and with Shaw certain to start on Sunday, it makes some sense to bring the Brazilian in to play 90 minutes.
Another player who impressed in the Europa League was Eric Bailly. He could be used to counter Palace’s physical striker Christian Benteke.
Nemanja Matic will likely replace Scott McTominay, who played 90 minutes against Chelsea after just coming back from injury.
The fourth change would come in attack with Anthony Martial in for Dan James. Mason Greenwood would shift back to the right wing and Rashford staying on the left. Martial would get 60 minutes to make an impression before Cavani comes on for his return.
- 11 facts about star with £51m release clause Manchester United reportedly want to sign
- Promising winger provides three assists in Manchester United under-18s win
- Manchester United talent makes breakthrough you may have missed, impact could be imminent
- Report: 10 Manchester United stars are playing for their futures under Erik ten Hag
- Manchester United star’s ‘career is going to be short-lived under Ten Hag’, says Neville
- Ten Hag won't be subjecting United's players to 13km run like after Brentford defeat, he has a different plan
- 3 things we learned about Erik ten Hag from Manchester United's derby defeat
- 3 Manchester United players most likely to be dropped for next fixture v Omonia
- Only one move for Manchester United after a disgusting derby result
- Manchester United star now has unwanted record with questions emerging over his future