Manchester United’s squad is packed with talent and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has big decisions to make this weekend.
Getting the team selection right is key and United have plenty of options to consider. Here are five decisions facing Solskjaer…
Keep the defence or get Tuanzebe in?
United’s back four is in a good moment, keeping clean sheets in back to back games against strong opposition.
Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire are likely starters for the fixture, but United may consider bringing in Axel Tuanzebe.
Tuanzebe’s pace may help up against Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and United could utilise him as part of a back three.
This tactical shift would impact how United set up elsewhere, with three midfielders instead of four.
Does Scott McTominay come back in?
Scott McTominay has been in form lately and he impressed when he came on against Leipzig.
United will consider bringing him back in against the Gunners as a starter – but then United have to consider whose place he takes.
Most likely he would replace Nemanja Matic, but it may depend on whether Fred needs a rest.
Paul Pogba is likely set as a starter if United keep a midfield diamond.
Fernandes or Van de Beek?
Bruno Fernandes is United’s most likely starter, but there is a case for Donny van de Beek too.
The Dutchman is strong in possession and rarely gives the ball away and these traits are useful away from home.
United could pick Van de Beek early and call on Fernandes off the bench to tear Arsenal apart late on, as he did against Leipzig.
Who partners Rashford?
Marcus Rashford is set as a starter after his incredible hat-trick against Leipzig.
Anthony Martial’s suspension makes the decision over who partners him a little easier, but no more clear cut.
Mason Greenwood looked sharp in his role as a starter, but so did Edinson Cavani off the bench.
Cavani may be fresher as he awaits his first start. It’s great to have these options, and it feels like United can’t really go wrong.
- Little margin for error as Solskjaer cannot afford Champions League early KO
- Solskjaer urged to make ‘cut throat’ team selections for Manchester United
- Manchester United now have fixture boost for next month’s Tottenham clash
- Teenager Harrison Parker appears to confirm United academy switch on Instagram
- Three Cristiano Ronaldo cup lessons for Manchester United
- Mason Greenwood’s electric impact shows what Anthony Martial is missing
- Alex Telles sends disappointed message to Manchester United fans
- United may have good squad depth but last night’s XI lacked leaders
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges