Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has overseen a successful week since the international break.
Wins over Newcastle and Paris Saint-Germain have parted some of the storm clouds which formed over Old Trafford in the wake of the 6-1 defeat by Tottenham.
That 2-1 triumph in France was earned without captain Harry Maguire, new-boy Edinson Cavani and hotshot Mason Greenwood.
In his pre-match press conference before the meeting with Chelsea tomorrow – shown live on the club app at 10am – Solskjaer was asked whether the trio would be fit to face the Blues.
“I hope and expect all three of them to be available for selection,” said Solskjaer.
“Of course we’ve got a training session this morning which is the last chance of preparation, but they’ve all got a chance, all of them.
“Edinson needs to tick all the boxes that he’s gone through in his programme to be ready and make an impact. I’ll have a discussion with him today, as well as with Mason and Harry.”
That would be a treble boost for Solskjaer, especially in attack, where he needs options with Anthony Martial still suspended for this one.
It would be a surprise to see Cavani from the start, but if he is passed fit to play, hopefully he can make an impact from the bench.
Maguire is the most likely to play from the start, being captain, but Solskjaer has a decision to make over whether to go in with a back three or four.
He played a three thrice against Chelsea last season, earning two wins from those, but opted for a four in the corresponding league game at Old Trafford last season.
As for Greenwood, there has been chatter about him since he dropped out of the England squad in Iceland and the best way to silence that is by performing well on the pitch.
If Solskjaer does stick with 3-5-2, the Englishman could find himself up front alongside Marcus Rashford, which would be a change from the right-sided berth he has carved out for himself in the first team.
- Paul Pogba reacts to Manchester United’s win
- ‘The best I’ve played against’ – Maguire says of comeback hero Edinson Cavani
- Manchester United’s five best players in comeback win vs Southampton
- Five things we learned in stunning Manchester United comeback vs Southampton
- United fans react as Amad Diallo comes off the bench for Atalanta
- Manchester United’s three best players in 4-1 win against Newcastle U18s
- A year on from Astana, how have Solskjaer’s Manchester United youngsters fared?
- Dillon Hoogewerf hits hat-trick to send Manchester United clear at top of U18 Premier League
- Manchester United’s three best players in unfortunate U23 defeat vs West Ham