Young midfielder Zidane Iqbal continued his promising season by netting his first goal for the under-18 side this weekend.
Iqbal, 16, made his debut for United’s under-18s back at the end of November.
While he has not been a starter in the FA Youth Cup, he has played a role in the team’s league campaign.
At the weekend he enjoyed perhaps his finest performance yet in a 4-0 win over strugglers Sunderland.
A season of firsts
Iqbal scored his first goal for the under-18s to spark an easy win for the young Red Devils.
He opened the scoring after half an hour, making the most of a pass from the impressive Anthony Elanga.
Iqbal played all 90 minutes for the first time in the league this season for the under-18s as the side saw out a comfortable victory.
Charlie McCann netted a brace from midfield, with substitute Max Haygarth scoring his first goal of an injury interrupted season.
This season is one of steady progress for Iqbal, who is battling to establish himself as a starter.
At just 16, the club will be pleased with his progress so far. There should be a lot more to come from him next season, and anything further which he can contribute this year is a welcome bonus.
- Fred has to take another step forward again next season
- Clarence Seedorf says he nearly signed for Manchester United
- A look back at the boldest decision of Odion Ighalo’s career
- Why we should be grateful United have given us exciting return to look forward to
- Marcus Rashford says he can’t wait to play with Bruno Fernandes