Mailbox: Readers' views on Paul Pogba and Manchester United transfers
Welcome to the first United In Focus mailbox. Thank you for sending in your views on topics affecting Manchester United over the past week.
Here is a look at what you have had to say, and do get involved.
Great to see Pogba happy
Please the best thing Man United board can do now is to make Pogba happy at United again.
Let him see reasons to stay…. Come out and declare his love for United,get the support of the fans back…
And with that man United’s midfield will be terrifying again…Pogba is one of the best two midfielders in the world right now.
Can’t trust Pogba
Hope I am wrong but, I think Paul Pogba is a bad influence on the rest of the team, the impression he gives is that, he can’t be bothered, and, moans a lot.
Seems to say all the right things when interviewed, but, for me, action speaks loader than words.
United’s summer striker options
Agreeing Ighalo’s extension to January 2021 was the best early bit of business concluded, though it could end interest in Dembele or Vinicius, if the aim is to get Haaland in 2 years time.
It allows United to prioritise the more immediate areas of the team, in terms of squad quality depth, i.e. the right wing and midfield, accepting that Pogba will leave at the end of the season.
Whilst the club will still be in the best position than at any transfer window since Fergie unplugged the hairdryer, successfully recruiting in those 2 positions would enable the club to maintain our upward trajectory, hence the talk about Sancho, Saul Niguez, Bellingham, Grealish, Havertz and their fall-back options, save issues over transfer fees or last ditch changes of heart.
Only 2-3 are likely. Sancho appears to be the priority but Saul Niguez is a must for me, even with Pogba, with Grealish replacing Pogba’s creativity.
Loaning Bellingham to Dortmund as part of the deal for Sancho would be genius and might not be as complicated as it sounds.
The possible availability of Koulibaly though, would be hard to resist.
God is red
Miri Moses: Yes Ighalo this your time to prove your worth to United fans, we are behind you.
Patrick Matovu: Scott is far better than Saul…. It is better we raise a legend than buying a star
Bob Abednego Taitee: Please sign Jadon Sancho only from Dortmund
Just a little extra on Timo Werner’s reportedly impending transfer to Chelsea [Independent].
Werner is a top quality striker who would have been ideal for United, but it speaks volumes about our own plans that we have decided not to push for this deal.
United evidently have bigger deals planned, and finances just won’t stretch to spending on a £50 million striker until we have got those players signed up.
While I still doubt whether we will be able to sign both Kai Havertz and Jadon Sancho, just getting one of them would be a major step forward for this team.
Let’s also be glad about one other aspect here: Timo Werner is not signing for Liverpool.
- Manchester United's 4 worst players in 6-3 hammering against Manchester City
- Erik ten Hag explains what he told his Manchester United players at half-time, gives Varane injury update
- Erik ten Hag explains why he didn't bring Cristiano Ronaldo on against Manchester City
- 'Unacceptable': Erik ten Hag gives scathing assessment of Manchester United's performance after City demolition
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo and Sir Alex Ferguson react to Manchester United getting hammered by Manchester City
- 5 things we learned from Manchester City 6-3 Manchester United
- Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand react to Manchester United's diabolical first half performance against Manchester City
- Erik ten Hag explains his Manchester United team selection against Manchester City
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Manchester City: Ten Hag makes one change to side that beat Sheriff