Manchester United are short on central midfield options now and how Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could do with a player just like Bryan Robson.
That type of box to box midfield player has gone out of the game somewhat but United have needed someone to knit defence with attack pretty much since Roy Keane left the club in 2005.
What United would be like with Robson in the midfield is purely hypothetical and the former Reds skipper indulged in some of that himself on Twitter this week.
He was asked if he could choose any former player in history to play with, who would he choose?
On the subject of players from different eras, perhaps there weren’t too many players like Ronaldo during Robson’s playing days.
Wingers were more up and down in a 4-4-2 system in that era, centred around whipping crosses into the box.
Ronaldo redefined what could be expected from a wideman, netting 42 goals from the wing in the 2007/08 season at Old Trafford.
He then went on to new heights at Real Madrid and is still banging in the goals for Juventus at 35 years old.
Robson is still involved with the club and attended the memorial service at Old Trafford for the casualties of the Munich air crash last week.
He was captain of United when the team picked up their first two Premier League titles under Sir Alex Ferguson as well as lifting the FA Cup three times.
- Facundo Pellistri plays 70 minutes on international debut in Uruguay win
- Big transfer moves in Europe impact Manchester United, including target's £62.4m switch
- Bryan Robson believes Anthony Elanga emergence will “spur” Manchester United star on
- Harry Maguire talks up 'amazing' Manchester United teammate
- 'Big champion': Manager praises 'disillusioned' Manchester United ace following agonising loss