Manchester United put in one of the worst performances of the season last night to lose at home to Burnley.
The whole team was poor, and nobody came out of the match with their reputation enhanced in any way.
Andreas Pereira’s performance, though, was one which really grated, with United’s lack of quality in a key position shown up.
While he provided an assist in the away game at Turf Moor, he displayed no cutting edge at Old Trafford.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer seemed to agree, as he hooked Pereira off at half-time in favour of Mason Greenwood.
Pereira was ineffective in the game at Anfield, and no better here. While he tries hard, he just doesn’t have the guile United need.
He attempted four shots in the first half, of which only one was on target. It was a tame effort which was comfortably saved.
The thing with Pereira is, he tries. He had 46 touches in 45 minutes and he didn’t hide, but the quality just isn’t there.
Pereira’s presence in the United side as a regular starter highlights the lack of quality at Old Trafford.
His performance was one which reinforced the message United have to spend.
Pereira will have better games, but at the moment, he is out of form and he is hurting the team.
Many supporters have seen enough of Pereira already to make their minds up for good.
Responses to his performance were extremely critical..
- Is Manchester United vs West Ham on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v West Ham, Greenwood at 9
- Rangnick says he is happy with Manchester United star but calls on him to improve defensively
- Manchester United talent scores twice on under-23 return after loan recall
- Rangnick says Cristiano Ronaldo has a new injury and issues fitness latest on Scott McTominay