Manchester United fans react to Kai Havertz speculation
Reports linking Kai Havertz with a move to Manchester United have increased over the past few days.
Today the Manchester Evening News reported Havertz is open to a potential move to United.
BILD head of sport Christian Falk confirmed United are trying to sign the Bayer Leverkusen talent.
The Sun claimed earlier this week that United are planning to sign both Havertz and Jadon Sancho.
In recent weeks Havertz has been playing as a striker for Bayer Leverkusen, but he can also play as a right winger, or as a central attacking midfielder.
This versatility makes him ideal for United, if you are prepared to think apart from a first 11, and look at how he could impact the squad over the course of the season.
Havertz is still only 20-years-old and has already netted 35 goals for Leverkusen in his career already.
Won’t be easy
A deal for Havertz will be difficult to do, just like the proposed move for Jadon Sancho.
Trying to get them both done in one summer is even tougher, and is asking a lot of even the shrewdest negotiators.
Havertz is a big talent and it makes sense that United are interested.
We always considered he was more of an alternative to Sancho as an attacking option, rather than in addition to, but we will see.
Here is a look at the fan reaction on social media to the latest round of rumours…
- Erik ten Hag explains his Manchester United team selection against Manchester City
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Manchester City: Ten Hag makes one change to side that beat Sheriff
- “Pure talent”: Manchester United ace reacts to Juan Mata making his Galatasaray debut
- 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid produces moment of brilliance and spearheads big win
- Video: Championship star practices Manchester United star Antony's trademark 360 spin skill