Manchester United fans react to Kai Havertz speculation
Reports linking Kai Havertz with a move to Manchester United have increased over the past few days.
Today the Manchester Evening News reported Havertz is open to a potential move to United.
BILD head of sport Christian Falk confirmed United are trying to sign the Bayer Leverkusen talent.
The Sun claimed earlier this week that United are planning to sign both Havertz and Jadon Sancho.
In recent weeks Havertz has been playing as a striker for Bayer Leverkusen, but he can also play as a right winger, or as a central attacking midfielder.
This versatility makes him ideal for United, if you are prepared to think apart from a first 11, and look at how he could impact the squad over the course of the season.
Havertz is still only 20-years-old and has already netted 35 goals for Leverkusen in his career already.
Won’t be easy
A deal for Havertz will be difficult to do, just like the proposed move for Jadon Sancho.
Trying to get them both done in one summer is even tougher, and is asking a lot of even the shrewdest negotiators.
Havertz is a big talent and it makes sense that United are interested.
We always considered he was more of an alternative to Sancho as an attacking option, rather than in addition to, but we will see.
Here is a look at the fan reaction on social media to the latest round of rumours…
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax