Manchester United are moving. Slowly. A first offer has been submitted for Jadon Sancho.
This is according to German newspaper BILD. At a reported £60 million plus add ons it is well short of Dortmund’s asking price.
It is a start though, and hopefully negotiations will snowball from here.
This week up until this point it had looked like no progress was being made. This offer at least shows United are attempting to get a deal done early.
Tying up a transfer before Euro 2020 would be huge. England’s first game is on Sunday against Croatia.
There is a risk Sancho’s price tag may rocket through strong performances at the tournament and it makes sense to move quickly.
Second bid will be needed
Lowballing Dortmund may not be the smartest idea after the botched negotiations last summer, so United’s strategy comes with a risk.
Sancho though is reported to be keen to get his future sorted and wants to sign with United, Sportbild report.
While it is good to see the snail’s paced negotiations progressing, United supporters reacted to reports of the first bid with a mix of impatience, encouragement, and trepidation.
Others just want the whole saga to be over. United have other targets too, and this was a deal which really should have been done last summer.
Here is a look at some of the reaction on social media…
- Academy talent Johan Guadagno doing extra training in off-season
- Dan James helps Wales reach last 16 at Euro 2020
- PSG pushing to beat Manchester United in Varane race
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position
- Former Leeds fan favourite spotted wearing Manchester United shirt
- Three reasons Manchester United should avoid Sergio Ramos signing
- Manchester United swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would not solve the main problem
- Manchester United’s Hannibal Mejbri can return from international duty a different player