The Euros have been a wild ride, with plenty of excitement, success and drama along the way. Jadon Sancho saw plenty of that.
It kind of sounds selfish amid England’s penalty heartbreak to focus on a big positive for Manchester United, but here we are.
Sancho along with Rashford missed a penalty in the Euro 2020 final shootout.
Up until that point for Manchester United’s players the tournament had been a positive distraction after the heartbreaking way the season ended.
But when it has come to incoming signing Jadon Sancho, all the Euros have done is delay the inevitable.
Thankfully Manchester United broke some of the uncertainty by announcing an agreement with Borussia Dortmund at the start of July.
That’s as far as it has gone. England’s continued progression to the Euro 2020 final have meant the Sancho details have all had to wait.
Sancho still has to undergo his medical, visit Carrington and meet the staff and several of his new teammates, and have his official unveiling photographs taken.
United also need to confirm his shirt number for the upcoming season, and there may need to be some discussion with Edinson Cavani too.
Now with Euro 2020 finally over, Sancho’s medical can be completed and his move to United tied up.
He will need a holiday before he joins up with the first team for pre-season, and while this could take place first, United will prefer to get the finer points of this deal ironed out as soon as possible.
Sancho is one of United’s most expensive ever signings at £72.9 million and the club will surely be insistent he travels to Manchester as soon as possible.
He could even be Carrington-bound today (Monday), and we could finally see the pictures of him wearing the new kit this week, which is also yet to be officially unveiled.
Forget the penalty miss. There is plenty to look forward to…
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad