The Euros have been a wild ride, with plenty of excitement, success and drama along the way. Jadon Sancho saw plenty of that.
It kind of sounds selfish amid England’s penalty heartbreak to focus on a big positive for Manchester United, but here we are.
Sancho along with Rashford missed a penalty in the Euro 2020 final shootout.
Up until that point for Manchester United’s players the tournament had been a positive distraction after the heartbreaking way the season ended.
But when it has come to incoming signing Jadon Sancho, all the Euros have done is delay the inevitable.
Thankfully Manchester United broke some of the uncertainty by announcing an agreement with Borussia Dortmund at the start of July.
That’s as far as it has gone. England’s continued progression to the Euro 2020 final have meant the Sancho details have all had to wait.
Sancho still has to undergo his medical, visit Carrington and meet the staff and several of his new teammates, and have his official unveiling photographs taken.
United also need to confirm his shirt number for the upcoming season, and there may need to be some discussion with Edinson Cavani too.
Now with Euro 2020 finally over, Sancho’s medical can be completed and his move to United tied up.
He will need a holiday before he joins up with the first team for pre-season, and while this could take place first, United will prefer to get the finer points of this deal ironed out as soon as possible.
Sancho is one of United’s most expensive ever signings at £72.9 million and the club will surely be insistent he travels to Manchester as soon as possible.
He could even be Carrington-bound today (Monday), and we could finally see the pictures of him wearing the new kit this week, which is also yet to be officially unveiled.
Forget the penalty miss. There is plenty to look forward to…
- Rangnick praises two Manchester United players including one who is a 'fantastic person'
- 'I lost the ball'… Manchester United star accepts responsibility for role in Young Boys goal
- 'You deserve'… Bruno Fernandes congratulates teammate on making Manchester United debut
- Hargreaves praises 'really sharp' Manchester United youngster who could start for Rangnick this weekend
- 4 Manchester United players who will regret disappointing performances v Young Boys
- 'Love him', 'Class'… Some Manchester United fans react to teenager's performance v Young Boys
- Manchester United youngster matches Carlos Tevez achievement and best is yet to come
- Zidane Iqbal and Charlie Savage send messages after making Manchester United debut
- 'I'm truly sorry'… Amad sends apology to Manchester United supporters
- 'Absolutely incredible'… Some Manchester United fans react to star's 'world class' performance against Young Boys