It did not take long for Dan James to open the scoring for Wales against Belarus.
And when he did, the Manchester United star’s goal had a familiar feel.
James cut in from the wing, before placing an unstoppable shot into the far corner of the net.
James’ goal was reminiscent of his strike against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford last month, and against Southampton in the recent draw at St Mary’s.
As soon as he cut inside onto his right foot, you knew exactly what was coming. But the defence were powerless to stop it.
This is a trait which Dutch sensation Arjen Robben made a career out of, and several times at United’s expense with Chelsea and Bayern Munich.
Robben’s move was slightly different, he used his left foot to shoot, with unerring predictability and accuracy.
James’ start at United and his latest goal for Wales shows a similar trait, cutting in, on his right foot, to bend the ball past the goalkeeper.
Defences will begin to wise up to him, but his speed and ability to quickly change feet is a combination which opponents will struggle with.
United fans loved James’ latest goal, with several supporters comparing him on social media to Arjen Robben.
- Manchester United’s five best players against Tottenham Hotspur
- Fred’s performance was one of his best for Manchester United so far
- Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood’s performance
- Humbled Mourinho praises United’s win and picks out two players
- Mike Phelan and Marcus Rashford send messages to United fans