Welsh winger Dan James stood out as Manchester United were held to a draw with Arsenal.
In an often chaotic 1-1 draw at Old Trafford, James gave his all and repeatedly drove United forward.
Many of United’s best moments came through James, and one of the team’s errors was not getting him on the ball more.
James had to do a lot of the attacking down the left by himself, with stand-in left-back Axel Tuanzebe unwilling to venture too far forward and overlap.
While James ended the game without creating a chance, it was not through lack of trying. He won a number of corners, and gave Arsenal right-back Calum Chambers a torrid time, seeing him booked and pick up a late injury trying to keep up with the United ace.
James won two tackles too, such was his defensive endeavour. He even had a spell in the centre of attack in the first half, when he was switched temporarily with Marcus Rashford.
The United ace lifted the crowd when in possession, and he was noticeably better than Arsenal winger Pepe, who put in a very underwhelming performance at the other end.
He will need to get back on the scoresheet soon. James has now gone four games without a goal, but his early pace was never sustainable.
Amid a very inconsistent and at times erratic performance from United, James’ performance was one of the bright spots.
Here is a look at the reaction from United fans to Dan James’ performance…
- Ramazani may have easier route to Manchester United first-team than Mejbri
- Both Odion Ighalo’s clubs will benefit if Manchester United loan is extended
- David Brooks would be a smart Sancho alternative for Manchester United this summer
- If Manchester United have ruled out permanent Ighalo move, they must focus on Dembele
- Manchester United could see reported target Nuno Mendes as a winger in the long term