Aaron Wan-Bissaka produced a man-of-the-match performance in United’s friendly win over AC Milan.
A tough game ended 2-2 after normal time with United winning 5-4 on penalties.
Wan-Bissaka played 65 minutes of the match, showing once again why United paid £50 million to sign him from Crystal Palace.
He has been consistent throughout pre-season, possibly even our best player.
Signing him has shored up the right-back position and he looks a huge improvement on Ashley Young, who was only ever a makeshift fill-in.
Wan-Bissaka was comfortable going forward too, defying criticism which suggested this was a weak point of his game. He managed an assist in an earlier friendly against Leeds.
In this game against far better opposition, Wan-Bissaka won 100 per cent of his duels defensively.
Premier League attackers are going to have their work cut out getting past him next season, and he looks to be worth every penny.
He looks like he was born to play for United and really relishes the big stage.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to Wan-Bissaka’s performance…
- Is history repeating itself as Joel Pereira’s loan spell takes an almighty nosedive?
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Manchester City
- United face new threat for Jadon Sancho’s signature
- What to make of Solskjaer’s ‘best team’ comment?
- United need McTominay available all season to challenge for top four