The beta version of Football Manager 2021 was released this week.
That gives Manchester United fans a chance to take control of the club ahead of the game’s full release.
Play the game for long enough and supporters can oversee the emergence of a new generation at Old Trafford.
We looked at Football Manager Story and picked out nine wonderkids, complete with the roles they can play in the game.
- Brandon Williams – DL, DR, WBL
- Ethan Laird – DR
After his breakthrough season at Old Trafford, Brandon Williams’ potential has been duly noted by the creators of the game.
Some managers may opt to loan him out, given that Luke Shaw and Alex Telles could deny him gametime.
That said, he can fill in on the right of defence – where he faces competition from Ethan Laird.
The 19-year-old is yet to make his Premier League debut, but his vast potential makes him one for the future on the game.
With Aaron Wan-Bissaka still just 22, that could be United’s right back slot sorted for ten years of gameplay.
- Hannibal Mejbri – MC
- James Garner – MC
Given Hannibal Mejbri signed for United for a fee of around £9 million (MEN), it’s clear he’s got the ability to have a very bright future.
No FM21 player worth their salt should be selling him and he could go on to be a lynchpin of future United sides on the game.
While virtuaal Red Devils bosses may decide to give the Frenchman a loan for gametime, one man already out on a temporary basis is James Garner.
He’s getting Championship action with Watford, so won’t be in the red shirt for the first season of gameplay, but has the potential to step up after that.
- Shola Shoretire – AMC, AML
- Amad Diallo – AMR
- Facundo Pellistri – AMR
- Tahith Chong – AMR
- Mason Greenwood – ST
16-year-old Shoretire is the name on the list which might be less well-known.
For the more patient manager, they may opt not to sign the Borussia Dortmund man, waiting for United’s very own version to develop instead.
Deadline day signing Diallo won’t be available to use until the January window, but could offer managers a mid-season boost.
Fellow new-boy Pellistri is finding his feet at youth level and players who spend years with United may find they don’t need to spend big on the right of midfield.
Chong will return to Old Trafford ahead of the 2021/22 campaign, further boosting the wide options of FM21 bosses.
Despite recent criticism, Greenwood remains the biggest young talent at the club and should lead United’s line for years to come.
He rounds off the list of wonderkids, which mean that anyone who boots up the new game as United should oversee a bright future.
- Bruno Fernandes wasn’t perfect vs Southampton but still had a huge impact
- Bruno Fernandes praises Edinson Cavani
- Robbie Savage praises son Charlie after his first United under-18s goal
- James Garner impresses on loan again in Watford win
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer offers injury update on Manchester United’s left backs
- Alex Telles shows his quality with another strong all round performance
- Hasenhuttl praises Edinson Cavani as a ‘constant danger’ after matchwinning brace
- Manchester United set Premier League record with Southampton win
- Edinson Cavani is going to shake up the Premier League