The Premier League re-launched it’s official fantasy Premier League game for the 2020/21 season over the weekend.
While kick-off is a month away, it is time for player to get prepared to try and outdo last season’s efforts and win various mini-leagues.
United players are of course generating interest and there are a few real bargains on offer.
Here is a look at how much all of Manchester United’s players cost, and our analysis.
- David de Gea
- Dean Henderson
- Sergio Romero
De Gea may be the only player worthy of selection here. Henderson actually outscored him by 13 points last season, but it is unclear where he will play next season.
The Daily Mail report United would prefer to send Henderson on loan abroad, making him a player not worth picking at present.
Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones and Diogo Dalot are all priced at 5.0.
All of them could be sold and are not worth picking. Harry Maguire is good value even at 5.5 as he will play every game, and should provide more goal threat than he did this season.
This is where this season’s game gets a little crazy, controversially so. Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood are listed as midfielders.
This means their goals will be valued more highly and smart players can take advantage of selecting them here.
- Bruno Fernandes: 10.5
- Marcus Rashford: 9.5
- Paul Pogba: 8.0
- Mason Greenwood: 7.5
- Dan James: 6.5
- Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard: 6.0
- Fred: 5.5
- Scott McTominay, Nemanja Matic, Andreas Pereira: 5.0
Fernandes is a must-pick for all teams considering his relentless ability to score and assist, and his role on penalty and free-kick duties. Leave him out of your team and miss out.
Paul Pogba could provide good value too if he takes on more of an attacking role, while Mason Greenwood could become the bargain of the season.
Scott McTominay is decent value at 5.0, but considering there is a limit of three United players per team, you probably won’t be wasting a spot for one who is frequently on the bench.
- Anthony Martial: 9.5
- Odion Ighalo: 6.5
Martial is a real bargain as he is cheaper than Harry Kane (10.5), Sergio Aguero (10.5) and Jamie Vardy (10.0).
Picking Martial and Fernandes will take up 20 of your 100 point spending budget, but they will be worth it, as a combination which has frequently linked up. The Frenchman is also a near guaranteed starter up front.
It is early days and we would hope this selection of United players is supplemented by new signings, providing even more choice to pick from.
What you have to remember, is that United may have to start the season late, due to Europa League involvement.
So this means for ‘Gameweek 1’, you may have no United players in your team, before an inevitable double gameweek later on.
It is possible due to last night’s elimination United may play on the first midweek and fall into Gameweek 1, so just wait on a Premier League announcement before picking your players.
Martial and Fernandes would be our top picks, before adding a defender to take advantage of United’s record of regularly keeping clean sheets.
- Juan Mata’s 90% shot-accuracy shows he could have Manchester United role during goal struggles
- Three things Solskjaer has got right and wrong this season
- How Cameron Borthwick-Jackson is faring since leaving Manchester United permanently
- Manchester United loanee James Garner has big point to prove this weekend
- Amad Diallo is the risk Solskjaer should be taking at Manchester United
- Diogo Dalot has perfect opportunity to impress against Manchester United
- Ed Woodward needs to back Solskjaer this summer to complete Manchester United’s squad
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Manchester City
- Manchester United’s plan to rely on Mason Greenwood may need to be re-assessed