Watch out. Charlie McNeill could be about to get a lot better.
The Manchester United youngster scored 25 goals for United’s academy teams in 2020/21. 24 of those goals came in 21 league games.
The talented 17-year-old striker is not in the mood to rest on his laurels. He knows he needs another huge season at academy level before he gets in the first team conversation.
With that in mind McNeill is already pushing to improve, before pre-season begins.
McNeill was pictured at the weekend working with ‘bespoke speed development’ company Need For Speed 100, which lists England star Phil Foden is among their clients.
Hunger for improvement
By adding extra pace to his game, McNeill could become an even scarier proposition for defenders.
Last season he averaged a goal every 72 minutes in academy league games and also provided six assists in his last seven matches.
Next season will be a challenge as he will be stepping up from under-18s to under-23s level.
At just 17 McNeill is not the finished product just yet and is acutely aware of the fact he has to put in the hard work in order to improve. It’s a great attitude to have and he will be keen to make an impression in pre-season.
- Cavani not ready for West Ham clash but will hopefully return next week
- Recent United target Eduardo Camavinga makes flying start at Madrid
- West Ham’s Croatia trip gives Manchester United a rare advantage
- Patrice Evra reacts to reports Cristiano Ronaldo moved home due to ‘noisy sheep’
- How will James Garner be affected by Nottingham Forest sacking Hughton?
- Raphael Varane’s freakishly unlucky Champions League opening game record
- Manchester United’s ‘What If…?’ moment: Jude Bellingham would have completed Red Devils team
- German press react to Jadon Sancho’s slow start at Manchester United
- Unai Emery gives verdict on Manchester United’s defeat to Young Boys
- Young Boys star says Solskjaer tactics made their task tougher