Manchester United youngster Will Fish captained England’s under-19s to a win at the weekend.
England beat Mexico 3-1 in a game played in sunny Marbella, Spain.
Fish had represented England previously at under-17s and under-18s levels and this step up to the under-19s was another move forward in his development.
Fish, 18, was the only Manchester United player involved in the game, with Shola Shoretire an unused substitute.
England’s under-19s face Belgium on Tuesday in their final game of the international break.
Manchester United teammates praised Fish on social media, as did former academy coach Nicky Butt.
How is Will Fish’s season going?
Fish made his Manchester United debut in the Premier League last season against Wolves.
After featuring in pre-season he was sent out on loan to non-league side Stockport County.
The idea was for Fish to get a season of ‘men’s football’ under his belt as opposed to under-23s.
So far the loan is not going exactly to plan. Fish has only played in two league matches out of a possible 11.
He has 84 minutes of game time so far, with the most recent appearance coming as a substitute back on September 14.
The international games are a good time for Fish to get some minutes, before he returns to his club to try and kick on.
If United are not satisfied with his game time by January then a decision will likely be made to recall him.
- Zidane Iqbal: The Manchester United teenager with an eye for a spectacular goal
- Has Cristiano Ronaldo ever scored in all six Champions League group games before?
- Charlie Savage: The Manchester United talent who wants to become his own man
- Wagner highlights challenges of facing Rangnick's Manchester United
- 'The future'… Several Manchester United fans excited for Rangnick to unleash 19-year-old whizkid tonight
- 'Baller': Angel Gomes raves about Manchester United star who impressed him so much in training
- What channel is Manchester United v Young Boys on tonight? KO time, live stream and team news
- Manchester United add five extra young players to Champions League squad
- How have Young Boys fared since beating Manchester United in September?