Manchester United prospect hails 'idolo' Sancho
Jadon Sancho was one of the stars in Rome as England sauntered to a 4-0 Euro 2020 quarter-final win over Ukraine.
While Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire took plenty of plaudits for their performances, Sanchos’ was inspirational for one young United attacker.
United academy star Alejandro Garnacho posted an image of Sancho on Instagram, hailing him as an idol.
The big picture view here is that it highlights the impact Sancho’s transfer will have at all levels of the football club.
As role models go, Garnacho’s situation can be compared with Sancho’s.
Sancho left his homeland at a young age when he quit City to pursue a career abroad with Borussia Dortmund. It has been a big success.
Garnacho did similar last summer when he quit Atletico Madrid’s academy to join United.
The Spaniard featured regularly for United’s under-18s side and had a productive season, scoring seven goals, the third highest total in the squad. He will be hoping that these numbers will go even higher next season.
Garnacho turned 17 a few days ago. It’s unclear whether he will remain with the under-18s another year or be pushed up into the 23s, or possibly a bit of both.
Seeing one of his idols, Sancho, join the club will help him feel even more like he made the right decision making the move to Manchester. With a bit of luck and good work on his part, Garnacho will get the chance to train alongside Sancho before long.
- Manchester United have scouted £43m-valued 'fantastic' striker who Owen Hargreaves loves several times
- Gary Neville gives his verdict on how he thinks Erik ten Hag will replace Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United
- Manchester United star injures player who made 14 appearances under Ten Hag in World Cup training session
- Alejandro Garnacho gives glowing two-word verdict on Manchester United star's World Cup performance
- Report: Manchester United now want to sign £52m midfielder who won at Old Trafford this season
- 'I could have left for United'… World Cup goalscorer speaks out about failed Old Trafford move
- Jude Bellingham and Wayne Rooney pay tribute to 'absolutely outstanding' Manchester United World Cup star
- Manchester United prospect scores the winner for his loan club during World Cup break
- 'Very proud': Manchester United coach pays tribute to Red Devils forward after his 'beautiful moment' at the World Cup