Largie Ramazani stole the show as Manchester United’s under-23s resumed their season with a win.
United beat Sunderland 3-0 at Old Trafford and Ramazani caught the eye in more ways than one.
He scored twice, both of them of high quality, and his celebration was not bad either.
Both aspects of his play saw him compared by supporters by former tricky United winger Nani.
In front of a watching Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Ramazani was a constant menace for the Sunderland backline.
His first goal was powerfully struck despite having to re-adjust and fire across goal, and his second was even more impressive.
He collected the ball at the halfway line and ran at the last Sunderland defender, toying with him.
When he got close to goal he shot across the goalkeeper into the corner, wrapping the game up.
It was a counter attacking goal which showed he would be a perfect fir for United’s first team.
The young Belgian trained with United’s first team this week and this was a great way to follow it up.
There are potential places up for grabs in the Europa League dead rubbers against Astana and Alkmaar, the first of which is next Thursday.
Ramazani now has nine goals in 13 games this season for United’s academy and can play in all positions across the front three.
He is not lacking in confidence, and he did his first team chances no harm at all last night.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to his performance…
- Three United players who would be impacted by Sancho’s potential arrival
- 10 years after failed Manchester United move, Adem Ljajic is linked with another Premier League club
- Dan James could be a Manchester United fringe player next season and that is no bad thing
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v FC Copenhagen
- Who is reported Manchester United target Alex Meret?