Manchester United teenager James Garner has scooped the PL2 Goal of the Season award.
As per the club’s official website, Garner’s strike against West Brom in August 2019 earned the accolade.
He hit eight goals in just ten PL2 appearances before the season was curtailed, and said he felt the one against the Baggies was the best of the bunch.
When asked for his Goal of the Season, Garner said: “
I’ll go for the one at West Brom.
“The one I scored against Newcastle was very good as well but I will go with the West Bromwich one.”
Garner is among the talented youngsters United have in their ranks and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has shown this season he will give them their chance if they’re good enough.
For proof, Brandon Williams was the man who set up Garner’s stunner, just months before he made his first team breakthrough.
There were no shortage of Reds on Twitter praising the goal and also hailing the ability of the midfielder.
Many want to see him get a loan next season so that he’s ready to succeed Nemanja Matic the season after and we’ve picked out some of the reaction to Garner’s award…
- Facundo Pellistri leads Manchester United U23s to 3-1 win vs Southampton
- Fernandes and Van de Beek show Manchester United’s next transfer priority
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v West Ham
- Paul Pogba’s Manchester United career is building towards a critical moment
- Solskjaer praises Amad Diallo after Champions League debut earlier this week
- ‘Not ready’: Solskjaer says Luke Shaw definitely won’t be playing against West Ham
- Manchester United fans react to Ed Woodward’s comments
- Amad Diallo lined up to make first ever Atalanta start
- Three reasons Manchester United should start Jesse Lingard against West Ham