Manchester United teenager James Garner has scooped the PL2 Goal of the Season award.
As per the club’s official website, Garner’s strike against West Brom in August 2019 earned the accolade.
He hit eight goals in just ten PL2 appearances before the season was curtailed, and said he felt the one against the Baggies was the best of the bunch.
When asked for his Goal of the Season, Garner said: “
I’ll go for the one at West Brom.
“The one I scored against Newcastle was very good as well but I will go with the West Bromwich one.”
Garner is among the talented youngsters United have in their ranks and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has shown this season he will give them their chance if they’re good enough.
For proof, Brandon Williams was the man who set up Garner’s stunner, just months before he made his first team breakthrough.
There were no shortage of Reds on Twitter praising the goal and also hailing the ability of the midfielder.
Many want to see him get a loan next season so that he’s ready to succeed Nemanja Matic the season after and we’ve picked out some of the reaction to Garner’s award…
- Manchester United fans react to Nemanja Matic’s performance
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after win
- Six things we learned as Manchester United beat Brighton 3-2
- Hannibal Mejbri shows quality in under-23 defeat
- Why Manchester United should consider bargain Todibo bid
- Quick deal for Alex Telles would provide ideal chance for United debut next week
- Comparing Manchester United’s reported Sancho plan with offer they wanted
- David de Gea says he is feeling the best he’s ever felt in his career
- Two Premier League managers believe United were the best team they faced last season