Manchester United teenager James Garner has scooped the PL2 Goal of the Season award.
As per the club’s official website, Garner’s strike against West Brom in August 2019 earned the accolade.
He hit eight goals in just ten PL2 appearances before the season was curtailed, and said he felt the one against the Baggies was the best of the bunch.
When asked for his Goal of the Season, Garner said: “
I’ll go for the one at West Brom.
“The one I scored against Newcastle was very good as well but I will go with the West Bromwich one.”
Garner is among the talented youngsters United have in their ranks and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has shown this season he will give them their chance if they’re good enough.
For proof, Brandon Williams was the man who set up Garner’s stunner, just months before he made his first team breakthrough.
There were no shortage of Reds on Twitter praising the goal and also hailing the ability of the midfielder.
Many want to see him get a loan next season so that he’s ready to succeed Nemanja Matic the season after and we’ve picked out some of the reaction to Garner’s award…
- Three Manchester United stars named in Europa League Team of the Week
- Sevilla win means revenge mission is on for Solskjaer and United
- Paul Pogba’s defensive contribution against FC Copenhagen deserves praise
- One very expensive transfer pivot for Manchester United to consider
- Martial’s brilliance has reduced Ighalo to a mere back-up
- United link to Ousmane Dembele was entirely predictable
- Juan Mata may have secured his spot at Manchester United for next season
- What United would gain and lose by pursuing Coman as Sancho alternative
- Manchester United bound Hansen-Aaroen provides first senior assist