Manchester United complete move for youngster Willy Kambwala
Manchester United have completed a move for young defender Willy Kambwala.
The 16-year-old has joined the club’s academy from Sochaux.
United announced Kambwala’s arrival on the club’s official website.
Kambwala becomes the ninth player to join the club’s academy this summer, and the first centre-back.
RMC Sport reported at the weekend United had agreed to pay four million Euros (£3.6 million) to land the young defender.
United were linked with Kambwala earlier in the summer but no agreement was reached, RMC Sport reported at the time.
Kambwala was born in DR Congo, but has been called up by France’s under-16 side.
Last summer United looked to France to land Hannibal Mejbri from Monaco.
He made an immediate impact for the under-18s and is now a regular for the under-23s. Kambwala will look to follow his success.
Manchester United’s academy signings in 2020
- Radek Vitek
Goalkeeper (Sigma Olomouc)
- Logan Pye
- Joe Hugill
- Isak Hansen-Aaroen
- Marc Jurado
- Alvaro Carreras
Left-back (Real Madrid)
- Alejandro Garnacho
Striker (Atletico Madrid)
- Charlie McNeill
Striker (Manchester City)
- Willy Kambwala
- 'They need to play': Rangnick says two Manchester United players could leave on loan after ten Hag arrives
- Report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United teammate ruled out injured v Crystal Palace
- Report: Paul Pogba has decided his next club, final details being sorted on three-year contract
- 9 players who represented both Manchester United and Barcelona amid Dest links; including French World Cup winner
- Manchester United man whose contract expires this summer says he could stay to play under ten Hag
- De Gea and McTominay lead reaction as Manchester United goalkeeper celebrates reaching Wembley
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled