Manchester United have completed a move for young defender Willy Kambwala.
The 16-year-old has joined the club’s academy from Sochaux.
United announced Kambwala’s arrival on the club’s official website.
Kambwala becomes the ninth player to join the club’s academy this summer, and the first centre-back.
RMC Sport reported at the weekend United had agreed to pay four million Euros (£3.6 million) to land the young defender.
United were linked with Kambwala earlier in the summer but no agreement was reached, RMC Sport reported at the time.
Kambwala was born in DR Congo, but has been called up by France’s under-16 side.
Last summer United looked to France to land Hannibal Mejbri from Monaco.
He made an immediate impact for the under-18s and is now a regular for the under-23s. Kambwala will look to follow his success.
Manchester United’s academy signings in 2020
- Radek Vitek
Goalkeeper (Sigma Olomouc)
- Logan Pye
- Joe Hugill
- Isak Hansen-Aaroen
- Marc Jurado
- Alvaro Carreras
Left-back (Real Madrid)
- Alejandro Garnacho
Striker (Atletico Madrid)
- Charlie McNeill
Striker (Manchester City)
- Willy Kambwala
- Marcel Sabitzer’s record against British teams explored and why the Austrian could be a lucky charm vs Barcelona
- Will Martin Dubravka be awarded a winner’s medal if Manchester United win the Carabao Cup?
- Marcel Sabitzer has scored more club career goals than Anthony Martial
- Report: Mason Greenwood considers China career move
- Jadon Sancho breaks three month social media silence with message to Manchester United fans
- Jadon Sancho has just solved a Manchester United squad dilemma
- Five reasons Marcel Sabitzer is a fantastic signing for Manchester United
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace
- Erik ten Hag is now personally tracking the progress of Eredivisie midfielder Taylor Booth