Manchester United have completed a move for young defender Willy Kambwala.
The 16-year-old has joined the club’s academy from Sochaux.
United announced Kambwala’s arrival on the club’s official website.
Kambwala becomes the ninth player to join the club’s academy this summer, and the first centre-back.
RMC Sport reported at the weekend United had agreed to pay four million Euros (£3.6 million) to land the young defender.
United were linked with Kambwala earlier in the summer but no agreement was reached, RMC Sport reported at the time.
Kambwala was born in DR Congo, but has been called up by France’s under-16 side.
Last summer United looked to France to land Hannibal Mejbri from Monaco.
He made an immediate impact for the under-18s and is now a regular for the under-23s. Kambwala will look to follow his success.
Manchester United’s academy signings in 2020
- Radek Vitek
Goalkeeper (Sigma Olomouc)
- Logan Pye
- Joe Hugill
- Isak Hansen-Aaroen
- Marc Jurado
- Alvaro Carreras
Left-back (Real Madrid)
- Alejandro Garnacho
Striker (Atletico Madrid)
- Charlie McNeill
Striker (Manchester City)
- Willy Kambwala
- Manchester United linked to five-times league winner with 50 international caps
- Casemiro sends message to Manchester United fans
- Italian press reaction to Rasmus Hojlund performance shows why Manchester United are interested
- Manchester United star showed at Wembley why £55m star is priority for Erik ten Hag
- Romano says Manchester United loanee has undergone medical ahead of summer switch elsewhere
- Manchester United’s £20m target warned Old Trafford move will come ‘too early’
- Manchester United to miss out as striker agrees bargain £25m transfer
- Manchester United ‘intensify’ talks with £35m ace after agent confirms interest
- £65m ace responds when asked if he’s joining Manchester United