Manchester United have a new Rooney on the books.
Wayne Rooney posted a picture of son Kai Rooney signing a contract with United.
Kai Rooney is only 11, so he has a long way to go just yet.
But considering dad Wayne made his professional debut at just 16 for Everton, we could see him sooner than many may expect.
There are no guarantees Kai Rooney will make it as a professional, let alone at United’s level – but right now the club have faith he might have what it takes.
His dad Wayne went onto become Manchester United’s record goalscorer after signing in 2004, breaking a long standing tally held by Sir Bobby Charlton.
Wayne Rooney is currently taking his first steps into management at Derby County, and he is unbeaten through his opening four games as interim boss.
Who knows, by 2026/27 we could see Wayne Rooney as Manchester United manager, picking son Kai in the team.
That will be the dream for the Rooney family. First a lot of hard work lies ahead for dad and son to make that incredible possibility happen.
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans ahead of semi-final second leg
- Ruben Neves should be Manchester United’s number one midfield target
- Manchester United fans react to fixture pile-up
- Brandon Williams is in-demand and a loan move looks essential
- No free pass for Murtough on United transfers as revolution gathers pace
- New Manchester United v Liverpool date set, final fixtures confirmed
- Former United defender Rafael takes aim at both PSG and City after Champions League semi-final
- Elanga included in United’s squad for Roma, James out injured
- Solskjaer admits he still doesn’t know whether Greenwood will be a striker or winger
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Never Give In trailer looks amazing, where can you watch the film?