Manchester United are reportedly set to sign Alejandro Garnacho from Atletico Madrid’s academy.
Marca report Garnacho has agreed a five-year deal with the Red Devils.
The 16-year-old is said to idolise Cristiano Ronaldo, and that is seen in the way he wears the number seven shirt.
Earlier this summer, Garnacho used his Instagram account to confirm he was leaving Atletico.
He wrote in a post: “After 5 years, I have made the decision to leave the club, I wanted to thank all my teammates, coaches and the people that I have met during this time for making me a better soccer player and a better person, and for everything they have done for my from the start.
“The time has come to say goodbye to take another path, to take a new step towards my dream. Thank you from the heart Atletico Madrid.”
Garnacho then re-posted this image on his Instagram story, appearing to confirm the switch.
Garnacho has been one of the top stars in Atletico’s academy over the past few seasons.
Marca says they tried to keep him, while Borussia Dortmund also wanted to sign him.
This goal here in a youth game against Juventus is a sign of what the young forward is capable of.
This video below shows Garnacho scoring from the edge of the box in a win over Paris Saint-Germain.
There will be a lot for Garnacho to adapt to in Manchester, on and off the pitch.
What is clear is that he is very talented, and he is one of the top players in his age range in Europe.
Garnacho’s deal will be subject to international clearance, and with quarantine, it could be a little while before he gets up and running for United.
Even so, this is a move which holds a lot of promise for the future, and could pay off spectacularly in a few years’ time.
- Scholes says United should sign Fofana – but deal would be very unlikely
- Anthony Martial needs to rediscover debut season form in key Manchester United clashes
- Marcus Rashford is outperforming Sadio Mane this season
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp hails Manchester United pair Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes
- Solskjaer claims there’s even more to come from Manchester United
- Solskjaer says Diallo could be in United squad this weekend
- Bruno Fernandes wins record-breaking fourth player of the month award
- Amad Diallo pictured training with Manchester United first team