FC Copenhagen delighted to sign Johan Guadagno
Johan Guadagno has left Manchester United to sign with FC Copenhagen.
A fortnight ago the young Swede was seen training in his homeland in a Manchester United shirt.
He has since spent a week on trial at FC Copenhagen and impressed enough to sign a three year contract. United have confirmed the 18-year-old’s exit.
Sporting director Peter Christiansen told the Danish club’s website: “He is a hungry and ambitious young man who wants to push and definitely provides us with dynamism and competition for this place.”
Goalkeeper coach Kim Christensen added: “We are getting a well-trained goalkeeper who is outgoing and has great potential.
“He has plenty of charisma and is mature for his age, and now the hard work of unleashing the potential is just waiting.”
United goalkeeping group crowded
United signed Guadagno two years ago and he started 12 games for the under-18 side last season.
But even with the departures of Joel Pereira, Sergio Romero and Jacob Carney, there seemed no path through to the first team at Old Trafford.
Radek Vitek, Dermot Mee, Ondrej Mastny, Matej Kovar and Nathan Bishop are among the young goalkeepers competing at youth level for United, although the latter has just gone out on loan.
Guadagno will be third choice for FC Copenhagen’s first team and he is looking forward to the challenge.
He said: “It has been a good experience. I look forward to being part of a developing environment, where I can learn from some talented goalkeepers in Sten Grytebust and Kalle Johnsson. It’s a great opportunity to come to FC Copenhagen, and now I have to prove myself.”
He also posted to Instagram to mark his move and the next step in his career. Best of luck Johan.
- Manchester United's 4 worst players in 6-3 hammering against Manchester City
- Erik ten Hag explains what he told his Manchester United players at half-time, gives Varane injury update
- Erik ten Hag explains why he didn't bring Cristiano Ronaldo on against Manchester City
- 'Unacceptable': Erik ten Hag gives scathing assessment of Manchester United's performance after City demolition
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo and Sir Alex Ferguson react to Manchester United getting hammered by Manchester City
- 5 things we learned from Manchester City 6-3 Manchester United
- Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand react to Manchester United's diabolical first half performance against Manchester City
- Erik ten Hag explains his Manchester United team selection against Manchester City
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Manchester City: Ten Hag makes one change to side that beat Sheriff
- “Pure talent”: Manchester United ace reacts to Juan Mata making his Galatasaray debut