Arnau Puigmal has confirmed his Manchester United career has come to an end.
Puigmal’s contract is set to expire this summer and the MEN reported last week he was expected to leave.
Now, with a message on Instagram, Puigmal has confirmed he will be leaving.
Puigmal’s message saw several United teammates from the academy respond on Instagram.
Dylan Levitt wrote: “What a guy , what a player, gonna miss you bro,” while Dishon Bernard added: “Gonna miss you brother”.
There was a message from first team star Mason Greenwood too, who wrote: “Good luck bro.”
Back in Spain
We wrote last week how Puigmal was already back in Spain after United’s academy season came to an end.
His final game came in January, fading after a terrific start to the season where he was one of United’s standout players at under-23 level.
The Mail report Spanish second division promotion chasers Almeria are favourites to sign Puigmal.
Largie Ramazani left United to sign with Almeria last summer, and he also wrote a response to Puigmal’s message, writing: “What a player 👏 good luck bro 😏”.
Puigmal’s departure is a shame, but a departure was necessary for him to play first team football. It’s up to him now to go on and make United regret not giving him a proper chance at first team level.
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap
- Lothar Matthaus praises Ronaldo’s Manchester United transfer
- Dillon Hoogewerf shows touch of class in Manchester United EFL Trophy win
- Could Charlie McNeill get called up to Manchester United first team squad tonight?