Arnau Puigmal announces Manchester United departure
Arnau Puigmal has confirmed his Manchester United career has come to an end.
Puigmal’s contract is set to expire this summer and the MEN reported last week he was expected to leave.
Now, with a message on Instagram, Puigmal has confirmed he will be leaving.
Puigmal’s message saw several United teammates from the academy respond on Instagram.
Dylan Levitt wrote: “What a guy , what a player, gonna miss you bro,” while Dishon Bernard added: “Gonna miss you brother”.
There was a message from first team star Mason Greenwood too, who wrote: “Good luck bro.”
Back in Spain
We wrote last week how Puigmal was already back in Spain after United’s academy season came to an end.
His final game came in January, fading after a terrific start to the season where he was one of United’s standout players at under-23 level.
The Mail report Spanish second division promotion chasers Almeria are favourites to sign Puigmal.
Largie Ramazani left United to sign with Almeria last summer, and he also wrote a response to Puigmal’s message, writing: “What a player 👏 good luck bro 😏”.
Puigmal’s departure is a shame, but a departure was necessary for him to play first team football. It’s up to him now to go on and make United regret not giving him a proper chance at first team level.
- Gary Neville gives his verdict on how he thinks Erik ten Hag will replace Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United
- Manchester United star injures player who made 14 appearances under Ten Hag in World Cup training session
- Alejandro Garnacho gives glowing two-word verdict on Manchester United star's World Cup performance
- Report: Manchester United now want to sign £52m midfielder who won at Old Trafford this season
- 'I could have left for United'… World Cup goalscorer speaks out about failed Old Trafford move
- Jude Bellingham and Wayne Rooney pay tribute to 'absolutely outstanding' Manchester United World Cup star
- Manchester United prospect scores the winner for his loan club during World Cup break
- 'Very proud': Manchester United coach pays tribute to Red Devils forward after his 'beautiful moment' at the World Cup
- Report: Manchester United now set to loan out defender who said he was open to January move
- 'So good': Manchester United star can do 'mad' things with the ball, says international teammate