Arnau Puigmal has confirmed his Manchester United career has come to an end.
Puigmal’s contract is set to expire this summer and the MEN reported last week he was expected to leave.
Now, with a message on Instagram, Puigmal has confirmed he will be leaving.
Puigmal’s message saw several United teammates from the academy respond on Instagram.
Dylan Levitt wrote: “What a guy , what a player, gonna miss you bro,” while Dishon Bernard added: “Gonna miss you brother”.
There was a message from first team star Mason Greenwood too, who wrote: “Good luck bro.”
Back in Spain
We wrote last week how Puigmal was already back in Spain after United’s academy season came to an end.
His final game came in January, fading after a terrific start to the season where he was one of United’s standout players at under-23 level.
The Mail report Spanish second division promotion chasers Almeria are favourites to sign Puigmal.
Largie Ramazani left United to sign with Almeria last summer, and he also wrote a response to Puigmal’s message, writing: “What a player 👏 good luck bro 😏”.
Puigmal’s departure is a shame, but a departure was necessary for him to play first team football. It’s up to him now to go on and make United regret not giving him a proper chance at first team level.
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s performance
- Pogba and Fernandes embrace at end of France and Portugal draw
- Paul Pogba produces another masterclass as France draw with Portugal
- Anthony Elanga’s rave reviews set him up perfectly for 2021/22
- Jadon Sancho agreement likely ‘in days’ – report
- Neville hails Harry Maguire’s ‘dominant’ performance in England win
- How Paul Pogba’s salary compares to France international teammates
- Manchester United’s seven best under-18 players from the 20/21 season
- Jose Mourinho still finds a way to criticise Luke Shaw’s England performance
- Who is reported Manchester United target Kacper Kozlowski?