Alejandro Garnacho has arrived in Manchester ahead of sealing his transfer to Manchester United.
The Atletico Madrid youngster was reported by Marca to have agreed to sign with United.
Now the teenage striker has flown into Manchester, as pictures from his Instagram feed show.
United beat strong competition
United managed to beat competition from Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid to sign Garnacho, Marca reported.
Atletico also tried to keep him, but he was reportedly set on furthering his career at United.
Garnacho is the third signing from Spain in an impressive youth recruitment drive this summer for the academy.
He is also the third striker to join United’s under-18 side, along with Joe Hugill and Charlie McNeill.
United’s under-23 side lacks strikers, so there is a good opportunity for one of them to make a quick step up if they can impress.
Garnacho will have to quarantine for a fortnight, and the transfer will need to be subject to international clearance paperwork, before he can get started.
Manchester United’s academy signings in 2020
- Radek Vitek
Goalkeeper (Sigma Olomouc)
- Logan Pye
- Joe Hugill
- Isak Hansen-Aaroen
- Marc Jurado
- Alvaro Carreras
Left-back (Real Madrid)
- Alejandro Garnacho
Striker (Atletico Madrid)
- Charlie McNeill
Striker (Manchester City)
- Willy Kambwala
- Manchester United U18s return to action with dramatic 4-3 win against Blackburn
- Liverpool tie looks like Odion Ighalo’s last chance to play for Manchester United
- Pellistri and Diallo have versatility to both ultimately start together for United
- Donny van de Beek can prove he is ready for Manchester United superstardom this weekend
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success