Alejandro Garnacho arrives in Manchester ahead of sealing academy switch
Alejandro Garnacho has arrived in Manchester ahead of sealing his transfer to Manchester United.
The Atletico Madrid youngster was reported by Marca to have agreed to sign with United.
Now the teenage striker has flown into Manchester, as pictures from his Instagram feed show.
United beat strong competition
United managed to beat competition from Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid to sign Garnacho, Marca reported.
Atletico also tried to keep him, but he was reportedly set on furthering his career at United.
Garnacho is the third signing from Spain in an impressive youth recruitment drive this summer for the academy.
He is also the third striker to join United’s under-18 side, along with Joe Hugill and Charlie McNeill.
United’s under-23 side lacks strikers, so there is a good opportunity for one of them to make a quick step up if they can impress.
Garnacho will have to quarantine for a fortnight, and the transfer will need to be subject to international clearance paperwork, before he can get started.
Manchester United’s academy signings in 2020
- Radek Vitek
Goalkeeper (Sigma Olomouc)
- Logan Pye
- Joe Hugill
- Isak Hansen-Aaroen
- Marc Jurado
- Alvaro Carreras
Left-back (Real Madrid)
- Alejandro Garnacho
Striker (Atletico Madrid)
- Charlie McNeill
Striker (Manchester City)
- Willy Kambwala
- Star set to complete Manchester United move once £5m bonus dispute with club is sorted: Report
- Deal close: Manchester United hope to finalise £69m De Jong move by end of the week
- 'Watch Love Island instead': Six worst/funniest reviews left by Manchester United fans on Paul Pogba's documentary
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United
- Opinion: Cristiano Ronaldo frustration is understandable as Murtough continues to strike out
- Reward for failure: MUST criticise 'indefensible' £11m Glazer dividend payment